American Football Playoffs - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

If my life depended on it I would say Kansas City Chiefs are going to win the Superbowl.

Personally I am a Cincinatti Bengals fan and for all of Who Dey Nation I hope they can do it. They really kicked Ravens good. But I still think it will be the Chiefs.
This belongs in Sports, not GP.
I can almost guarantee the Chiefs are NOT going to win the Super Bowl. In the AFC I'll go with Denver, but really anyone but the Chiefs and Chargers can win it.

In the NFC its wide open, but Seattle has to be the favorite. The biggest thing going for them is the home field, and that stingy defense. Sill, they have some cracks now. Whether any of the teams they will face can exploit them will be the question. I'm an Eagle's fan, so I'd love to think the Eagles are the team this year to do the "10-6-hot-at-the-right-time" thing and win it all, but that's probably not very realistic. Most likely they beat the Saints and lose to Carolina in the second round. No looking past the Saints though.

Over all SF and Carolina pose significant threats to the NFC title as well.

Green Bay is a cupcake with no defense whatsoever.
I'm a Seattle fan and this is the best shot we may have ever had.

This said, as Demo implied, we have a mediocre offense. In reality, I think the players are solid, it's the offensive plays. We have tended to rely on handing it to Lynch, who is a machine, and expecting him to just do anything. To his credit, he does well enough. But by this time other teams know this and have done well enough containing him.

The other play tends to be having Wilson launch far afield. But, whether it's his line (and I think it's his fear the line is failing), or good pass coverage, it takes too long to execute and he tends to scramble and not complete the play.

But we do this. Over. And over. And over. We need some quick, short passes and screens and other things.

If we can get over those two plays and mix it up, we will be great. Now were well positioned and might get lucky.
As much as I loathe the Patriots, their strategy against Indy was brilliant. Fuck Belichick, but he's a genius. Denver must be shitting themselves wondering what to expect. If they guess wrong, they're doomed.

SF/Seattle should be a pretty good game. Two great defenses and dangerous offenses.
The Patriots usually have a really good strategy—to cheat. Though, yes, that was a while ago now. I can still hate the Patriots though.

I was hoping that the Chargers would make a comeback, but it's probably right that SF and Seattle go at it. We were the giants of the coast this year and it makes it right that we should go against each other. I'm already nervous for it.

I'm really not that worried about Denver, they seem solid to me. This said, the Patriots do have a way of turning things around at the end. For the first time in a while, I think that it's come down to the most worthy advisories. There were no big fuck-ups or upsets, I think they're all really solid teams.
Well, obviously the Pats just cheat whenever possible, but they changeup to their offense caught Indy flat footed. Blount Blount Blount, not Brady Brady Brady. It is a bit unusual from Belichick's usual offense.

Seattle will not win, I bet its going to be the Broncos.

I have no idea how you can be so sure of that.

Hopefully the Super Bowl will be SF/NE, but Seattle wouldn't be much less interesting. I leave the Broncos out of it because I don't think they can stop NE.
Looks like my early analysis was solid albeit with the Saints wearing us out (San Diego did the exact same thing to us in a week 2 defeat) at the end.

I stand by the rest, and would select Seattle vs Denver, although this is playing the favorites and that hasn't worked well over the last ten years.

New England will choke, I think, and I really hate Belichick.
I am officially dead if my life depended on it, but I think injury ended KC more than anything. It will be Seattle/New England and NE will win. I don't like Billicheck obviously, not being a New England fan but I think he is the greatest coach of modern times, Harbaugh being a close second. Technically he may be the greatest of all time since football has gotten more scientific over the years and I'm not sure Lombardi, Landry or legendary coaches of the past would hold up today.
You guys are way overlooking Denver.

But whatever. We'll see on Sunday, perhaps you'll be right. SF can win as well.

It's ironic that in the NFC its now the West Coast Defense that is ruling the roost.
Winter is coming.

It's essentially the Northwest and a few other pockets in gray standing against the rest of the country controlled by Lannister red and gold.

I just need to stay calm for the next 24 hours

I told you guys you were overlooking Denver.

Its two minutes to halftime now and SF is leading 10-3.

This game could go either way, it'll be interesting to see the finish. Right now its easy to lean SF simply because they appear to have the momentum to this point in the game.

No way to call that definitively though.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]