2014 NCAAF... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Todd D.
Disappointed my Frogs once again are on the outside looking in. How does a #3 team drop 3 spots after demolishing their opponent? And replaced by an Ohio State team that lost to 6-6 Virginia Tech and in a worse conference? Oh well. Peach Bowl is still a big time bowl against big time competition. Hope there won't be a let down, because Ole Miss is for real.
By Demosthenes
I can't get over the massive resistance to a real playoff. I mean, the only reason anyone likes college basketball is because of the playoff system. I'm not sure why these idiots can't see that and cash in?

All you have to do is make the top X number of playoff games the bowl games in ascending order until your get to the championship which would be any of the top five bowl games.

You could easily support a 24 or 32 team playoff system this way, and as for the "it would take too long" argument, ummmm.... you already have to wait how many weeks from the end of the season to the final bowl games? 4? 5? Those could simply be filled in with playoff games.

I doubt you could pull off 64 teams, but you could probably even add something like 4 play-in games for that first round where they play on a tues-wed, and then have to play again on Sunday, as their penalty or whatever.

16-8-4-2-1. 5 Weeks not including the play in. If you do 24, the top 8 teams get a bye week one. So you'd have 16-16-8-4-2-1, and you'd probably have to compress something somewhere to squeeze it into five weeks. Either way everyone wins. College football is a clusterfuck in terms of how its run, and that's one of the biggest reasons I don't watch it nearly as much as the pro game. Not deciding playoff seeding by normal tie breakers, and instead by opinion is very lame.
By dgun
Todd D. wrote:Disappointed my Frogs once again are on the outside looking in. How does a #3 team drop 3 spots after demolishing their opponent? And replaced by an Ohio State team that lost to 6-6 Virginia Tech and in a worse conference? Oh well. Peach Bowl is still a big time bowl against big time competition. Hope there won't be a let down, because Ole Miss is for real.

I thought about you when that happened. They were screwed. But they'll get in it in the next few years I bet. An underrated awesome program IMO.

Demo wrote:I can't get over the massive resistance to a real playoff.

It's so ridiculous. You can bet if they went to a real playoff, the wrong people would lose money.

Of course you are. Hardly, I don't want to help[…]

Victoria Nuland called. She wants her ahistoric[…]

As is usually the case, I am right. I was […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

litwin doesn't know this. What litwin knows is: […]