2014 NFL Season Begins - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Eauz
Demosthenes wrote:Marshawn Lynch
Beast Mode isn't effective from the 1. I just don't buy all the criticism over the call. You'll never know if he would have scored or not, but throwing a pass or giving it to Beast Mode both had disadvantages too. I would agree though, with TIG, that throwing it to the corner would have been less chance of being picked (even if it was not caught). Plus, even if you want to suggest this was Carroll's fault, are you going to tell me that Wilson is not capable of thinking for himself? Do you think Manning or Brady would have just said, "Okay coach" and throw it as they were told? I think more criticism should be placed upon Wilson for not thinking through the play. He was just doing what he was told. That isn't a sign of a top rate QB in the NFL. That's a second string rookie in the CFL.
Eauz wrote:Beast Mode isn't effective from the 1.

Meh, 1 out of 5 in the regular season doesn't reflect the playoffs at all. I stand by the contention that he was the hot hand.

Eauz wrote:I just don't buy all the criticism over the call.

As soon as EVERYONE starts doing it, it's usually time to go the other direction.

Eauz wrote:I would agree though, with TIG, that throwing it to the corner would have been less chance of being picked (even if it was not caught). Plus, even if you want to suggest this was Carroll's fault, are you going to tell me that Wilson is not capable of thinking for himself?

A corner fade might have worked. What might also have worked would have been a read option left with Beast Mode serving as a lead blocker for Wilson if he choose to run. If not Wilson would have had the option to pass to either Lynch or to throw the fade... presumably.

As for Wilson, you are correct. He has to be responsible for that decision. It's not as if that was the only receiver in the pattern.

Eauz wrote:Do you think Manning or Brady would have just said, "Okay coach" and throw it as they were told? I think more criticism should be placed upon Wilson for not thinking through the play. He was just doing what he was told. That isn't a sign of a top rate QB in the NFL. That's a second string rookie in the CFL.

I wouldn't go that far, Wilson is clearly a second tier QB at worst in the NFL, but yes, that was not a Brady-esque throw. I'd argue on a side tangent that playoff Manning might indeed make such a silly throw though. Witness.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]