2014 NFL Season Begins - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Demosthenes
So we started out with a big blow out of Green Bay by Seattle Thursday and the season will begin in earnest tomorrow afternoon.

Let's talk about all of it.
By Kapanda
park wrote:How long is Rice disqualified?

Indefinitely.

The ugliest part of that incident is that people weren't satisfied until he lost his job. That is the ugly about America that I can't get over. Lynch mobs are demanded upon those that do something collectively deemed inappropriate.

Of course nobody condones domestic violence. That doesn't mean the man has to be completely vilified and his life destroyed. You guys are so proud of your Supreme Court, but clearly the judicial system is not really that important to the average person. Let us rot him first, then let the judicial system do whatever it wants. And if you don't agree and think you should keep his job, then obviously you're okay with domestic violence.
Football guys, football.
By Kapanda
Sorry dude... not much for me to talk about.

I can't really type go rams with any enthusiasm this season.
I don't care if you wanna make another thread, maybe in the legal section, and talk about the issue to your heart's content, I'm just saying that this is an NFL fan thread.
San Diego did a great job against my Seahawks. They more or less let us score when we had the ball, but churned a really slow offense that, in the 120 degree heat, ended exhausting the Legion of Boom. Now we're going to have to see if it was a fluke, the weather, or if they found the key to stopping us.

It was well done, but I still think Seattle can do it.
By park
Kapanda wrote:Indefinitely.

The ugliest part of that incident is that people weren't satisfied until he lost his job. That is the ugly about America that I can't get over. Lynch mobs are demanded upon those that do something collectively deemed inappropriate.

Of course nobody condones domestic violence. That doesn't mean the man has to be completely vilified and his life destroyed. You guys are so proud of your Supreme Court, but clearly the judicial system is not really that important to the average person. Let us rot him first, then let the judicial system do whatever it wants. And if you don't agree and think you should keep his job, then obviously you're okay with domestic violence.

That's a joke, are politicians using NFL for their pr? Who decides those penalties, people who then have careers in politics?
The answer to the San Diego-Seattle question is both. Seattle, as currently built is THAT good, hands own and they proved it last year. With that in mind, the San Diego game was both a fluke and not a fluke. The heat wave thing was fluky but it would still take a team like San Diego to take advantage of it.

Within that reality Seattle was always going to lose 2-4 games this year just because" any given Sunday".

San Diego is overlooked because they are inconsistent, but when they're on, they're very good at what they do. Philip Rivers is one of the more underrated QBs in the league
By Kapanda
And he has been THE most underrated QB for years. Consistently putting up solid numbers, but it's like San Diego is cursed.
By Kapanda
14-0, Davis throws 2 TDs??

GO RAMS!!!
By Kapanda
Lol the Rams are out to crush their fans' souls. I feel like I don't like football anymore.
By Kapanda
Easily the people I hate more than anybody in this World are those that have any doubt Peyton Manning is the best football player of our times.
The Broncos did a good job, I suspect, of trying to follow up what San Diego did. But they weren't quite able to thread the needle. It was a close game, far too close, for Seattle at a home game.

But I'll take the W.

Peyton Manning is the last of the old War Horse quarterbacks. He is very good at what he does, and a capable field commander. The best on the field.

There will be those that say Tom Brady, but he just doesn't stand up to Manning.

On my side, Wilson could be great but doesn't have that yet, and might well never get it. He's still wet behind the ears, but there is the capacity to be forged into something better. But seeing him against Manning, you can see how far he has to go. Some of those throws Manning let go were so fast it was hard to believe. Wilson is dependent upon the defence and reliant upon Lynch being so amazing.

Manning, on the other hand, has a good offensive line and a capable defence, but he is the lynchpin for why the team is as capable as it is.
Pretty damn good assessment TiG.

The Immortal Goon wrote:There will be those that say Tom Brady, but he just doesn't stand up to Manning.

Totally Agree.
By Kapanda
Once again, Peyton Manning.

He is going to end up owning all records that matter. Next year will be career passing yards.
By Kapanda
So the Rams casually drop a 50 burger on the Raiders, and give up zero points.

I don't care what they do at O or D coordinator. I don't want to see Fisher going anywhere for the foreseeable future. A shame we haven't been able to turn things around straight away, but this team is still young and clearly talented at all levels - except quarterback, where our supposed star is made of porcelain.
I'm rooting like hell for the Falcons.

Goddamned Cardinals are ahead in the NFC West. If they lose, Seattle will be in striking distance to take the division as long as we keep rallying. It's a hard pull, but as of this post we're doing alright.

I've never really been for Georgia, but I'm in total solidarity today, motherfuckers.

By Kapanda
Your fan base's adoration for Wilson - and Sherman's smug self - make me dislike the Seahawks more than even the Pats.

Also your 12th man BS - although I shouldn't say much there because the Rams fan base is downright pathetic.

But you got your wish. Cards' surprising victory run was just that, it seems - surprising.
Kapanda wrote:Your fan base's adoration for Wilson

Are there really any NFL teams that don't have adoration for their quarterback?

Kapanda wrote:and Sherman's smug self

The media played this up a lot and, because it's what it is, follows its own made up conceptions.

Sherman came on a lot of people's radars when he seemingly wasn't cordial to Michael Crabtree after a game. What the world mostly didn't see was why:

CBS Sports wrote:Moments after Seattle beat San Francisco in the NFC Championship game, we saw just how intense Sherman's distaste was for Crabtree. In the days since, everybody -- from Pete Carroll to Tom Brady to John Madden -- has weighed in, and Sherman even apologized.

But Wednesday night, NFL Films showed a much different Sherman, who was mic'd up during the game. With seconds left in the fourth quarter, he made the game-saving tip in the end zone on a ball intended for Crabtree that was intercepted by Malcolm Smith. Moments later, Sherman found Crabtree and said, "Hell of a game. Hell of a game," while extending his hand.

Here was Crabtree's response:

Reality squares with Sherman's account

It turns out that Crabtree was being overly aggressive and physically attacking Sherman, Sherman gets angry in an interview about it and HE apologizes. The monster is now the guy that was face-masked and apologized anyway.

And so they tend to follow it up with stories that tend to support the idea that Sherman is an arrogant monster because that's what the media does. He's a great player, he's loyal to his communities both in Compton (where he grew up) and Seattle, and he's lately been trying to stick up for the players against the owners—the latter have been overstepping (in my opinion) by doing things like dictating what brands of things players can use in their personal lives based on who pays the NFL to dictate these things.

I do understand that he's loud and foul-mouthed, I guess, and maybe I'd feel different if he weren't my own guy. But he is, and I love him for what he does.

Kapanda wrote:Also your 12th man BS

I've heard people say this, but I actually don't really understand it. I like that players and managers alike, go out of the way to make the fans feel like part of the team.

Kapanda wrote:Cards' surprising victory run was just that, it seems - surprising.

They still need to get knocked down a peg or two for us to catch up with them.

The topic you are focussed on is "rape, rape[…]

Nobody has the means to intercept any significant[…]

The actual argument (that the definition is being […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Europe being a "tool" in all this is ju[…]