50 cal rifle with silencer vs steel plate - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

I put together a TC Encore in 510 whisper and a homemade silencer (ATF form 1) ten years ago. I shoot mostly 637 gain ball or 700 grain armor piercing incendiary with it. I like shooting steel plates. At 200 yards it takes the bullet about .6 seconds to get to the target and about half a second for the sound to return; just enough time to make you think you missed.

The rifle weighs about 9.5 pounds with the 18 inch silencer attached. The bullet is loaded with about 27 grains of H110 to give me 1050 fps, so no sonic boom, just a muted muzzle blast.

Ranb
Not sure. The API will slightly crater AR500 hardened steel and I've seen one core stuck in a 1/2" mild steel plate that was previously cratered. While the 50 BMG round is 2800-3000 fps with 12-13000 ft-lbs of energy, this subsonic round is less powerful than a 308 Winchester. No one is going to waste a good metal like titanium on a target.

Ranb
Ranb wrote:Not sure. The API will slightly crater AR500 hardened steel and I've seen one core stuck in a 1/2" mild steel plate that was previously cratered. While the 50 BMG round is 2800-3000 fps with 12-13000 ft-lbs of energy, this subsonic round is less powerful than a 308 Winchester. No one is going to waste a good metal like titanium on a target.

Ranb

Actually they do. I've seen some of the test plates used at Southwest Research Institute. I don't know what projectiles they were using, but one of their technicians showed me inch thick titanium plates with deep bowed impressions, also some type of layered composite material they were testing.

https://twitter.com/TheBigDataStats/status/1399589[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]

In Canada, Indigenous people have been harassed r[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]