Boxing - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By ness31
I watched this fight online once HBO or whoever it was decided to release the rights. As someone who isn't familiar with boxing, I thought I'd do my own personal experiment and see if the scores awarded every round reflected my sentiments of whom I thought excelled.
By the end of the twelfth round, I was no more enlightened than I was at the outset.
It seems a very strategic sport, and the dominator is essentially equipped with a stronger mind to convince a large, yet sheepish crowd 'that they won'.

On pure physicality, it appears that Mayweather is a better boxer. Some of his punches were so quick, I seemed to miss them. Pacquiao resembles a less restrained, more emotional Mayweather..the facet of his personality that Mayweather tries to subdue.

I still don't get boxing. But I can respect it...I guess.
By kobe
I like boxing, but that fight was awful. Not sure what fight you guys were watching, but to me Mayweather completely dominated the fight after the first few rounds, and furthermore thought Pacquiao should have done more at the end to try to go for broke. All in all it was a tedious and disappointing event.
By kobe
Don't see him thumbing his nose at a 50 mil + offer which he's likely to get from a rematch with pac.
By Crantag
Goodbye Floyd.

Don't come back.

I won't miss you.

I scored it 6-6.

Floyd also should've been dq'd against Judah, if the rules were followed (for example look up Carlos Molina-James Kidkland).

Castillo also won 8 rounds in their first fight.

He's one of the best fighters of the last several decades. He isn't as great as Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, nor perhaps even Oscar Dela Hoya.
By kobe
I won't miss Floyd either but only salty people still believe that he didn't deserve to win all his fights. Imo.
By Crantag
kobe wrote:I won't miss Floyd either but only salty people still believe that he didn't deserve to win all his fights. Imo.

I completely disagree.

Castillo won their first fight. I and many other people think so.

Bad decisions happen in boxing though all the time, so it is what it is.

As for the Judah fight, he should have been disqualified according to the rules. The only reason he wasn't was because he was Floyd Mayweather.

Now, if it takes the action of an outside person to make you lose, maybe you don't deserve to lose. Nonetheless, it was his cornerman.

Carlos Molina was knocked down by James Kirkland at the end of the 10th round, in a fight he was dominating and was well up on the cards in.

The bell rang. His cornerman jumped in the ring, then swiftly jumped out when he realized the ref was counting.

You know what happened?

Molina was disqualified.

Insult to injury?

The fight was in Texas, and by the rules of the fight a fighter is actually saved by the bell. So the ref actually shouldn't have even been counting. The round actually should have been over.

Yet, Molina was disqualified, because of an honest mistake by his trainer.

Roger Mayweather jumped into the ring in the middle of the round and attempted to assault Zab Judah, sparking a mini riot.

Mayweather was not disqualified, because he is Mayweather, and NSAC is corrupt as hell.

Mayweather should in all honesty be 47-2, 48-1 at most.

But hey, official records are official, so not much to be done.

I'm certainly happy this stinker is gone.
By unbalanced zealot
Fair position. Also Floyd did his fair share of ducking along the way. If he had been prepared to fight the best out there in their prime he probably wouldn't be 49-0 either.

BTW - what are your thoughts on Usyk and Kudryashov at cruiser?
By kobe
Yeah, I agree, that sounds like fair enough. It's certainly debatable enough. My view is that we shouldn't count people out because of technicalities, whether they are famous or not. So I'm not mad when mayweather gets that treatment. As far as the supposed "bad decision", that's debatable. I think some of his decisions have been closer than they looked in the ring, so I think it works both ways on that one. He does make for a horrible golden boy of boxing though, what with the domestic abuse.

As long as you're not arguing that Pac won (he didn't), then you have some strong ground to stand on. No one goes 49-0 without a close call.
By Harmattan
I slightly digress but it saddens me that so much noise and millions were thrown at such a boring match when other boxers, such as Cédric Vitu, cannot get opportunities to fight and rise the ladder.

Mayweather and Pac are good boxers, no question, but the state of boxing is really depressing nowadays.
By Red Rackham
Digressing slightly but still on boxing...My bro was a boxer in the army. The boxing team appeared to have a cushy life, they were known as tracksuit soldiers because they were rarely in uniform. They were excused routine training exercises and all sorts of routine duties. But still few people volunteered for the boxing team, this is probably because you have to be a hard bugger but more than that you have to know yourself because as our kid used to say to me, the boxing ring is the loneliest place in the world.
By Tewodros III
Oxymoron wrote:Conor would smash Mayweather IMO>
Putting your racist "great white hope" aside for a moment, Mayweather has prove to be very smart in boxing. I think Connor knows he's going to lose, so the plan is trying do the Pacman effect, all hype and no substance. When the fight starts he's going to try to survive the rounds, that's it and he's going get money out of it. So Connor is being a Hustler.
By Oxymoron
Tewodros III wrote:Putting your racist "great white hope" aside for a moment, Mayweather has prove to be very smart in boxing. I think Connor knows he's going to lose, so the plan is trying do the Pacman effect, all hype and no substance. When the fight starts he's going to try to survive the rounds, that's it and he's going get money out of it. So Connor is being a Hustler.

Whites do no need hope, we have Kovalev, Triple GGG, Klitchko.. white people dominate boxing today.
As far as Mayweather and Connor... Conor has the size advantage, and legit knock out power, and moves like nothing Mayweather ever seen.
By Tewodros III
Oxymoron wrote: ...
That's because Blacks dominate other sports, trust me, if we put any interest in boxing, your great white hopes will be dopes.
By Oxymoron
Tewodros III wrote:That's because Blacks dominate other sports, trust me, if we put any interest in boxing, your great white hopes will be dopes.

Like Tennis, Hockey, Soccer, Skiing, Ice skating, Lacrosse, golf...stop me any time..

Yes NBA Running and NFL are majority black.., but to say other sports are? now that is laughable.

You guys do dominate side ways shooting events, and sucker punching.
By Tewodros III
Oxymoron wrote:Like Tennis,
Please, two Black women is pretty much the poster girls of tennis in the west.
Hockey
ya can keep that.
Soccer
Pretty much Latin America and Africa, owns ya.
Skiing, Ice skating, Lacrosse
ya can keep that.
golf
Tiger Woods
....stop me any time..
Notice, no Jews run the gauntlet.
Yes NBA Running and NFL are majority black.., but to say other sports are? now that is laughable.
Soon MLB, Boxing and Gun shooting.
You guys do dominate side ways shooting events, and sucker punching.
We learn from the masters of it, hebe.

I dont know if you recall, but la loca MTG at one[…]

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]