The Ashes - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By fuser
Fucking Brutal. I can't remember such Australian collapse in recent history.
By fuser
I am pretty sure 19tth century will not count as recent history of cricket.
By Decky
The blink of an eye.
By ingliz
Test Cricket

Cape Town, 9 Nov 2011 - Australia all out v South Africa for 47 runs (18 overs).

[youtube]EE8L2VNf6sw[/youtube]

By fuser
Yeah ok (I still don't remember that test despite google-fu), they have collapsed before but nonetheless its still astounding. Nice highlights, and Ashes is basically England's now.
By Ornate Placebo
I have no words you wouldn't think a team that won a recent series against South Africa in South Africa would be such lightweights. They are truly all out-at-sea in actual English conditions.

To think at the start of the series that they were pushing for lifeless pitches to neutralise Mitchell Johnson!
By pugsville
Congrats to England ( & Wales) and Broad (great bowling)

The Australian Batting line up has been fragile for a while and always very collapse prone if the ball ls moving. Been rescued repeatedly by heroic tail end lower order batting.

retired/retiring/just plan done - Harris, Rodgers, Watson, Voges, Haddin and most likely Clarke. half the starting XI at the start of the series. While their is plenty of good bowlers around in OZ Cricket, the batting shelf is thread bare. The Selectors have tried all the young talent and but given the chance they have failed. Players rejected before or players with a late career flourish the selectors have tried everything. Australian Batsmen seem on the whole to lack patience and technique when the pitch or match is made for shot making.

How the Australian Batting line up looks next series will be interesting.

Like to see Farad get a gam in the last test. Leg Spin it's glorious when good. Farad is promising, like to see him have a go,

(and please please don't give Watson a game, he'll make runs in a dead match and hang around like a dead albatross after that)
By Ornate Placebo
I feel your pain re: watson and you're right that out batting stocks are razor thin. Phil Hughes was due to replace Rogers, unfortunately he passed away. Joe Burns is struggling for runs in county cricket, Usman Khawaja is struggling for runs for Australia A. Shaun Marsh is still a hit and miss prospect. Glenn Maxwell is probably not a test player. Faulkner could be a good lower order all-rounder, but his first-class average is quite low IIRC. As is Aaron Finch some of the other promising talents are still quite young and unproven, could be a rough couple of years
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Some Zionists are finally getting the memo: Say[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]