2015-16 Football (Soccer) Season - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Discuss the latest events in the football world during this season, including but not limited to, the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga and Champions League.

Will Chelsea end their poor form in the Premier League? Will Arsenal win the coveted trophy after a twelve year absence?
I think Man city will win the epl but it will be close with ManU. Arsenal won't keep up this form throughout the season, they will collapse at some point.

It's hilarious watching Mourinho's tantrums, and blaming refs every time Chelsea loses. What a fool he's making of himself.
Jose Mourinho has well and truly lost the plot this season. I used to think of him as a likeable bastard, but now he's just a plain douche.

I was up in Manchester visiting my brother this weekend, and he lives with a Man Utd fan. As such, I was required to sit through the Manchester Derby, which was without doubt the dullest game of football I've ever seen.
I was required to sit through the Manchester Derby, which was without doubt the dullest game of football I've ever seen.

I saw it in the pub with my brother, it was truly awful. Obviously football is shit compared to rugby anyway but even by the low standards you expect from football it was shit.
unbalanced zealot wrote:Liverpool are just as likely to be relegated as make the top 4

As a Saints ST holder, I am a little disappointed with a draw at Anfield, but given the timing of the goals I guess have to be pragmatic and a draw is OK. Couldn't quite work out why Benteke didn't start.

Thing with Liverpool is that Brenda p***** away so much money and got some average players (thanks for the money ) that there is some unrealistic expectations that some have with the new manager, thinking that he can be Champions League this season. He might and if he does, good on him. The press are even worse as they seem to have gone into full toady mode (even more than usual) and spouting off that everyone loves him and are glad that he is in the PL. Some of us really couldn't give a fig, more than a passing interest as to how this magic man is going to do.
Boggart wrote:
As a Saints ST holder, I am a little disappointed with a draw at Anfield, but given the timing of the goals I guess have to be pragmatic and a draw is OK. Couldn't quite work out why Benteke didn't start.

Thing with Liverpool is that Brenda p***** away so much money and got some average players (thanks for the money ) that there is some unrealistic expectations that some have with the new manager, thinking that he can be Champions League this season. He might and if he does, good on him. The press are even worse as they seem to have gone into full toady mode (even more than usual) and spouting off that everyone loves him and are glad that he is in the PL. Some of us really couldn't give a fig, more than a passing interest as to how this magic man is going to do.

Agreed ... he swapped Suarez for a lot of beans. He planted them all but none of them grew into a beanstalk to the golden goose. Doh !
Arsenal wont win the PL they may win the fa cup again but I doubt it

Chelsea have alot of problems and they pobably gonna end up mid table wich will force mourinho out of chelsea by the end.of the season but he may be sacked during the middle of the season if things eill go.really bad
demima wrote:That is unless we buy a replacement in January.

Oh, demima. Surely you can't be so naive?

Standard Arsenal season structure:
- Spend most of summer discussing rumours of buying new players. None of these deals really go anywhere, if they were ever on in the first place. On 30 September, make one token purchase of a not-quite-world-class player, who will be held responsible for everything that happens to Arsenal this season.
- Start strongly. Marquee player maybe scores a few goals and is hailed as "the next Thierry Henry".
- Injury crisis. Slump in form, including a couple of batterings in the Champions League for good measure.
- Recovery, leading to a top 3 spot by Christmas. Everyone says "Arsenal should strengthen their squad in January"
- Arsene Wenger does not strengthen his squad. The team stays in good form for several more weeks.
- February: injury crisis. It's too late to buy or loan someone as cover, so the team's form slumps, leaving Arsenal 10 points adrift of the title contenders, but still safely in fourth. Marquee player is chastised for laziness and blamed for the team's poor form.
- Rest of season: coast to fourth, maybe go on an FA Cup run, and learn absolutely nothing.

Repeat as nauseam until the end of time itself.
KlassWar wrote:Is Arsenal permanently broke? That's the only thing that might explain such a strategy.

Far from it - they're probably one of the richest clubs in the Premier League. Definitely one of the few that actually turns a profit each year. It's just that Arsene Wenger is rather set in his ways, and prefers to try and develop youth players rather than buy big names. I respect him for it, but it means that their seasons are incredibly predictable.
I agree with you KlassWar and Heisenberg, but I trust Arsene to lead the club in a good way. Although Arsenal is a rich club, they still dont have the same buying power of the petrostate clubs (City), Russian gangsters (Chelscum) or Manurel.

I would say we are a big club but do not have the same "prestige" other clubs in terms of the attracting the worlds best players, we also do not purchase mercenaries like City, Chelsea and PSG. I'm rather happy the way its run, it is financially healthy given that Arsenal built a new stadium from scratch. I do miss Highbury though
would say we are a big club but do not have the same "prestige" other clubs in terms of the attracting the worlds best players, we also do not purchase mercenaries like City, Chelsea and PSG. I'm rather happy the way its run, it is financially healthy given that Arsenal built a new stadium from scratch. I do miss Highbury though

That's why arsenal didn't won the title since 2004

if you don't buy expensive players you wont get anywhere besides the FA cup titles which any team can win
demima wrote:I agree with you KlassWar and Heisenberg, but I trust Arsene to lead the club in a good way. Although Arsenal is a rich club, they still dont have the same buying power of the petrostate clubs (City), Russian gangsters (Chelscum) or Manurel.

They don't need to pay top dollar: A solid back-up roster can be bought on the cheap. If for whatever reason you don't wanna buy, you can rent some talented young promise for next to nothing (clubs buy them when they're worth nothing to sell them when they're worth some millions. They're usually willing to rent them out and throw in a buy option for good measure.) Then when the injuries show up you don't have to field-promote some green-ass teenager from the junior team.
Although it was unlikely, the chances of Deflategate affecting Tom Brady and the New England Patriots this season officially have been eliminated.

The NFL’s appeal of a district court decision vacating the suspension of the quarterback will be heard on March 3. The 2nd Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals on Monday scheduled oral arguments for that date, assuring that Brady will not be suspended in the 2015 season, which concludes Feb. 7 with Super Bowl 50.

Assuming the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl, Super Bowl 50 will be one of the most contentious games of football ever with the Patriots and Tom Brady playing the role of super villain. They had better hire extra security.
Poor Boggart, tonight must have hurt.

6-1! YNWA!

Well one for example is that black people have da[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

He's not going to get 12 years. Relax. Yeah, the[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]