Six Nations Championship - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Anyone who likes kissball [American football] look away now, this will frighten you to death.

The best sporting event in the northern hemisphere starts tomorrow 4th Feb and I'm confident England will retain not only the Calcutta Cup but the Championship.

As much as it annoys me to admit it, it's going to be England or Ireland. :|

I hope Wales stop playing dull "Warrenball" rugby and start playing with a bit of flair for once, even if they lose a few games. We have a few talented players but we always just crash it up the middle. It hasn't worked for years, and it's not going to start working magically this time.

And please, Scotland, stop being shite. For the love of God. :lol:
Anyone who likes kissball [American football] look away now, this will frighten you to death.

Hey, I like American football, but I am Welsh descent so have a minor admiration for your barbarian sport. :D
Heisenberg wrote:And please, Scotland, stop being shite. For the love of God. :lol:

They only lost to Australia 22-23 in the autumn, and beat Argentina. If they keep that up, it's good enough to threaten to beat a team or two, and mean all the matches against them are meaningful. The world rankings (presumably up to date) put them marginally above France (who have been shite, compared to their long term record, recently).

On edit: well, with Scotland scoring 3 tries in the first 30 minutes, leading Ireland 21-5, I think they're going to be worth watching this season ...
I've never been so happy to be proved wrong. Honestly thought they'd "done a Scotland" at 21-22, but well done! :D
Heisenberg wrote:I've never been so happy to be proved wrong. Honestly thought they'd "done a Scotland" at 21-22, but well done! :D

Best game of Rugby I have seen in a while. How Ireland didn't win this is beyond me. Even 17-0 down they were outclassing Scotland. More of the same please throughout this tournament.
Heisenberg wrote:As much as it annoys me to admit it, it's going to be England or Ireland. :|

I hope Wales stop playing dull "Warrenball" rugby and start playing with a bit of flair for once, even if they lose a few games. We have a few talented players but we always just crash it up the middle. It hasn't worked for years, and it's not going to start working magically this time.

And please, Scotland, stop being shite. For the love of God. :lol:

How about that! Who'd have thought Scotland would beat Ireland, and England only just squeezed through. In the end the only convincing win was Wales emphatic trouncing of Italy, but it must be said the first half was painful.

Next weekend is the big one, Wales v England, judging by last weekends performances I don't fancy calling it, it should be a close game.
I know next to nothing about rugby so I did my homework on the 6 nations. How did France and Italy make it in there with Scotland, Wales, Ireland and England? :eh:
So cut along story short it now seems I have to stay up, or wake up extra early on Saturday to watch Ireland play Italy :roll:

Go Ireland *waves flag with a potato on it*
Go wild men! :cheers: The Welsh were born for such a game. ;)
ness31 wrote:I know next to nothing about rugby so I did my homework on the 6 nations. How did France and Italy make it in there with Scotland, Wales, Ireland and England?

Well, it started as the Home Nations Championship way back in the day. In 1910, we let the French in so that we could enjoy giving them a jolly good battering from time to time. We kicked them out again in 1931 for being cheating French bastards (the natural state of the Frenchman, you understand), but let them back in in 1947 because we're good sports. Of course, that decision soon backfired when they had the audacity to start getting good at the game.

Italy joined in 2000 because they asked nicely, basically.
I quite like Rugby, apparently a strange position to be in being an avid NFL fan but I don't believe in it having to be a binary choice. Both similar games, both remind me how watered down soccer ball has become.

I can't say the club game interests me as I live in Bolton and there are no teams in league or union at a professional level that remotely interest me. I like to watch international games though and hope to catch a few Six Nations games.

Good start for England last week. They say they won "ugly" but I like a team that can win when the going gets tough.
Heisenberg wrote:Well, it started as the Home Nations Championship way back in the day. In 1910, we let the French in so that we could enjoy giving them a jolly good battering from time to time. We kicked them out again in 1931 for being cheating French bastards (the natural state of the Frenchman, you understand), but let them back in in 1947 because we're good sports. Of course, that decision soon backfired when they had the audacity to start getting good at the game.

Italy joined in 2000 because they asked nicely, basically.

Thanks for that bit of history. It is going to give me so much more credibility in rugby conversation :p
I do believe the Irish are flogging the Italians 10 to 49 :lol:
Once again, Wales prove that they don't know how long a game of rugby is. 80 minutes, guys, not 76. For fuck's sake. :|
By Decky
Your glory days are long gone. Cheer up, you were a pretty good nation back in Owen Glendower's day.
By Decky
Congratulations to Taffistan. :(

Of course this means England will win the 6 nations by beating Scotland. :hmm:
I have a feeling Scotland might win this weekend, actually. Based on how the previous weeks have gone, you definitely can't rule them out.
By Decky
I refuse to believe that it is possible, Scotland for fucks sake. :lol: How the world has changed.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]