Favourite salad recipes - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By ness31
It’s warm and only getting warmer which means light meals with lots of salad. Give us your best ideas PoFo. Bear in mind I like my salads to be light, but not rabbit food :roll: That means Asian greens, rare beef, legumes, cous cous and mayo...not necessarily in that order or even in the same bowl.

Any mention of kale and you will be blacklisted. Don’t make me tell you twice :eh:
By ness31
Well, I’m obviously not in your part of the globe am I Decky? :D
By Decky
ness31 wrote:Fresh outta tortoise Decky, try again.

It's a turtle not a tortoise! It has fins not legs!
By ness31
Damn, I was going with turtle and thought tortoise was more appropriate :lol:
The fins would give my salad a more pescatarian flavour..
Caesar salad never really gets old if it's done right.

I'd say my favorite salad is what people in the US would call Greek salad. I prefer to use spinach instead of romaine lettuce. I dice up a tomato or two, slice a small-medium red onion, throw in kalamata olives, feta cheese, a diced cucumber, a diced avocado or two (depends on the size, I love avocado), and a whole tin of anchovies for added flavor. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper and some sea salt and you're done with that. Then I'll add a mixture of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, toss it all, and it's great.
By Ter
Bulaba Jones wrote:and a whole tin of anchovies for added flavor. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper and some sea salt and you're done with that.

Anchovies are salted like hell already, and then you would add sea salt?
Are you so young that you do not care about blood pressure ?
Anchovies are salted like hell already, and then you would add sea salt?
Are you so young that you do not care about blood pressure ?

Don’t get preachy Mister. I won’t have any health nazi, weight watcher, salt watcher, calorie counter, fun spoiler in a thread about salads *angry face*

Meanwhile, I’ve made myself a cocktail. As I was pouring it out the blender a lit bit overflowed and onto the bench. Did I:

a) wipe it up with a kitchen sponge
b) leave it to the ants, or
c) slurp it up so as not to waste a drop

:excited:
By ness31
You’re totes naughty Bulaba ;)

Anyway, I’ve decided on a Mango and Prawn salad, loaded with cilantro, mint and chilli and a lime and ginger dressing. I spent 9 bucks on 6 tiny little limes, when I shoulda just spent a buck fifty on the bottled stuff :roll: such. is. life.
Some time you should try an avocado prawn salad. Basically just diced cucumber, tomato, avocado, and prawns with lime juice and cilantro, I think.

I used to go to Tijuana frequently some 15-20 years back to Caesar's where the salad originates (although a place or two erroneously claims to be where it's from). Great salad of course.
By ness31
Yes, avocado would have added another layer of texture even to the prawn and mango salad...

*contemplates going to shops for avocados*

Another fav of mine is also really cheap and it’s made with tinned beans. So, you get a four bean tin mix and maybe some butter beans and chick peas. A good quality tin of tuna, nice ripe tomatoes and yes, your beloved avocado. The oil from the tuna works as part of the dressing and you can add lemon juice or balsamic for the tartness. Peasant food essentially..
I like simple peasant food that is uncomplicated and hearty. Sometimes I'll pick up an inexpensive rotisserie chicken, a baguette, and a bottle of white wine. While I'm chugging the wine, sometimes I even remember I bought chicken and bread, too!
By ness31
Yeah who doesn’t like a good chook? It’s the easy go to for any household. Unless you’re vegetarian of course..
By ness31
All recipes must be in English, thanks :lol:

In case anyone was wondering, my Vietnamese prawn and mango salad was amazing. Like, I can’t believe I made it :?:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]