Favourite salad recipes - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

3 tablespoons sugar

:eh:

Im fine with salads being unhealthy because of the dressing or content.. but when you add that much sugar, Im starting to questions if this is actually a good salad, or just a mash up with a bunch of sugars (natural+table) to make it palatable/enjoyable.

my favourites are:
Shopska salad
Russian salad (with ham)
I just posted the recepie as an example of the sort of salad I was talking about. Definitely wouldn't add several tablespoons of sugar. :lol:
Speaking of adding things, I definitely wouldn't add an apostrophe here:

mikema63 wrote:Though if do a balsamic vinaigrette instead of a creamy sauce, let's you get the taste of the fruit nuts and cheese better.

In this case, the apostrophe denotes a contraction: let's = let us. However, that's not the meaning as you use it, so it should only be "lets."

I'm doing this for your own good, Mike.
By anna
Thunderhawk wrote::eh:

Im fine with salads being unhealthy because of the dressing or content.. but when you add that much sugar, Im starting to questions if this is actually a good salad, or just a mash up with a bunch of sugars (natural+table) to make it palatable/enjoyable.

my favourites are:
Shopska salad
Russian salad (with ham)

That sugar is in a salad dressing meant to dress a salad that serves 4. So if you divided that three tablespoons by 4, it works out to just a couple teaspoons per serving. Not bad, especially if your diet doesn't have a lot of sugar in it anyway.

I love Shopska salad, I just didn't know what it was called. :)
In Europe it's too cold now for lettuces to grow in the garden, but we have chicory, endives, escaroles, etc., all through the winter. Our favorite endive salad (we use frisee) is with croutons and diced bacon. We use a dressing with vinegar, oil, Dijon mustard, yogurt, sugar, spices. Instead of bacon, you can also use Roquefort blue cheese with croutons and sliced walnuts. Alternately, you can also mix a more substantial salad with tuna fish in oil, diced cheddar, eggs, olives, etc.
Bulaba Jones wrote:With french fries in place of lettuce/spinach?

With the fries, gravy, and cheese on top of the leafy greens.

That avocado prawn salad looks good.
By ness31
Shopska would be an everyday salad for me, peppers are a wonderful. Russian salad is also a staple but I add a few more things. Lots of chopping involved in that kind of salad, but so worth it.

If I were to eat a dish with roasted peppers then it would be all about the peppers. Roasted peppers with good olive oil loads of basil and parsley left in the fridge to develop and taken out for lunch to be eaten with bread or crackers. Omg, yum. *must buy peppers*

Mike, I will make that salad you posted. The flavour jumps out at you from the page :)
I like salad with grape olives, onions, croutons, tomatoes, and a sweet salad dressing like French dressing or Thousand island dressing. Sometimes Italian dressing is nice too.

Salad with chicken...yummy! I can't go without some kind of meat to make me feel a little full. Just eating a bowl of greens isn't that satisfying for me. A nice pasta like fettucini alfredo with a bowl of soup is great too.
By ness31
I’ve never seen a grape olive I don’t think lol.
I am not sure I got the name right. It's not the green ones that they put in martinis. It looks like a grape, maybe it's what they call a black olive. Anyhow, I love them. I know Panera puts them in their garden salad.
By ness31
I’ve never had a martini with an olive in it. I think that needs to go on my bucket list.
The olive(s) soak up the alcohol and also add some flavor to the martini. Save the olives until the end and it's a matter of eating deliciously alcoholic-soaked olives. Whenever I've had a martini I like extra olives.
By ness31
Dry vermouth and gin. I won’t be able to drink that, it sounds awful :x It needs a bit of something else in there to make it palatable for me..

In keeping with the salad theme I had insalata caprese last night. It was satisfying especially given the time I took to lay it out. A slice of tomato, a basil leaf then a slice of fresh mozzarella. On it went until I had plate covered in green, red and white. A splash of some of the cleanest olive oil, a drizzle of balsamic, salt and pepper. Oldie, but a goodie.
By ness31
I guess it depends on how dry the dry vermouth actually is. I don’t want my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth ya know?

I’m about to roast my pumpkin. Tonight’s salad will be pearl cous cous, celery, a medley of peppers, cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, chick peas, pinto beans, and I was hoping to incorporate the roasted pumpkin and some feta in there but it might not go.. :hmm:

I need to work on that a bit more..

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]