Wikipedia - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Agent Steel
There must be a few people here who have edited wikipedia before. What were your experiences like?

I'm very new to it. I've submitted maybe 20 or 30 edits, and only a few have been accepted.

What's the best way to make changes to an article? It seems like a long process where most of the work is done on the Talk page. Does it come down to who fights the hardest? How do you convince the staff to change their minds?
By Ter
@Agent Steel
I am an editor in Wikipedia and I have never faced problems with others deleting what I edited.
It is best to stay away from disputed subjects and restrict yourself to matters in which you are either an expert or you have personal knowledge that others do not have.
By Agent Steel
Ter wrote:@Agent Steel
I am an editor in Wikipedia and I have never faced problems with others deleting what I edited.
It is best to stay away from disputed subjects and restrict yourself to matters in which you are either an expert or you have personal knowledge that others do not have.

I believe I have personal knowledge about how to properly classify musical genres. I have gone in to edit genres of bands or albums and my edits have been promptly removed.
By Ter
Agent Steel wrote:I believe I have personal knowledge about how to properly classify musical genres. I have gone in to edit genres of bands or albums and my edits have been promptly removed.

Obviously some other editors do not agree with your classification.
I cannot advise you in this matter, I am sorry.
By Bulaba Khan Jones
Agent Steel wrote:I believe I have personal knowledge about how to properly classify musical genres. I have gone in to edit genres of bands or albums and my edits have been promptly removed.

If your personal opinion on how to classify the genre of an album or band differs from the consensus, the sensible thing to do is to write a question on the "talk" page of that article, or drop the matter altogether.
By Agent Steel
Currently I am trying to get them to change Jared Taylor's page. They keep trying to say he's a "white supremacist" but this is completely false. The only reason the mainstream media is labelling him that way is because he's starting to pick up some momentum and people are getting behind him. If you look at his older page entries the "white supremacist" label wasn't there.

I don't understand how they pick and choose what information to present. They seem really biased and unfair.
By ThirdTerm
It seems that the Jared Taylor page is now locked because of your edits. Jared Taylor is a spokesperson of the Council of Conservative Citizens, a KKK offshoot and white supremacist organization, while American Renaissance (magazine) he edits is considered as alt-right. Taylor needs to distance himself from Klan-related activities to remove the white supremacist label. What's interesting about his bio is that he grew up in Japan until 16, where he developed the white victim mentality. This childhood experience must have been as bad as being Chinese in Australia.
By Agent Steel
I have challenged people to give some actual EVIDENCE that Jared Taylor is a white supremacist. I have seen none. I have only seen so called "reputable" sources slapping that label on him carelessly without showing how or why this is so.

Apparently as long as your source is deemed reputable, they can say anything they want about a person, including making false accusations.

That they have now locked the page from further edits just makes wikipedia look even less credible.

Anyway, Taylor is not a white supremacist, despite what they claim.
By Agent Steel
Jared Taylor? The man is fucking awesome. People get mad at him because they can't deal with his impeccable logic and superior debating skills. Check out Cenk Ughur vs. Jared Taylor to see what I mean.

Accusing your political opponents of racism and white supremacy is a last resort when you have nothing left to say to refute their arguments.
By Godstud
Jared Taylor is a White Supremacist. Full stop. Pretending otherwise is a lie, and why your stupid edits got deleted.
By 4cal
Agent Steel wrote:I have challenged people to give some actual EVIDENCE that Jared Taylor is a white supremacist. I have seen none. I have only seen so called "reputable" sources slapping that label on him carelessly without showing how or why this is so.

Apparently as long as your source is deemed reputable, they can say anything they want about a person, including making false accusations.

That they have now locked the page from further edits just makes wikipedia look even less credible.

Anyway, Taylor is not a white supremacist, despite what they claim.

Reputable sources become reputable by not making false accusations.
By Agent Steel
Godstud wrote:Jared Taylor is a White Supremacist. Full stop. Pretending otherwise is a lie, and why your stupid edits got deleted.

Explain how? And explain why this label has only recently been given to him even though his publication has existed for many years?

So called reputable sources have called Donald Trump a white supremacist. Does that make it true?

As I say, it's a common tactic used as a last resort when people are getting desperate. As Trump gained popularity and momentum, the rats in the media tried but failed to slander the man by calling him a racist. The exact same thing is now happening to Jared Taylor.
By Heisenberg
Jared Taylor is a self-declared white nationalist who believes in racial segregation because black people are incapable of civilisation. Getting all rage-teary about whether he is a "white supremacist" is splitting hairs in the extreme. :lol:
By Agent Steel
No, he isn't. He is a self-declared white advocate and racial realist. He believes in voluntary segregation and freedom of association.

Anyone who would describe Taylor as a white supremacist is insanely stupid, and obviously hasn't taken any time to read anything he's written.

Laziness and ignorance is not an excuse to slander someone.

By the way I'm still waiting to here the EVIDENCE to back up the white supremacist accusations.
By Decky
"Voluntary" segregation. :lol: You remind me of Muslims claiming that women chose to cover themselves up, not leave the house and generally be treated as second class citizens. The right truly are closer the the Islamic extremists that they claim to hate than they are to normal people.
By Heisenberg
Decky wrote:"Voluntary" segregation. You remind me of Muslims claiming that women chose to cover themselves up, not leave the house and generally be treated as second class citizens. The right truly are closer the the Islamic extremists that they claim to hate than they are to normal people.

ISIS is literally the Arabic-speaking version of the Libertarian Party. :lol:

I recently heard a video where Penn Jillette (worl[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to fi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

70% of Americans view Ukraine as an ally or frien[…]