2018 FIFA World Cup - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Decky
England only just scrape a victory playing against Tunisia's second goalie. :knife: They will be massacred they second they leave the group stage.
By Heisenberg
Decky wrote:England only just scrape a victory playing against Tunisia's second goalie. They will be massacred they second they leave the group stage.

On the bright side, at least the Germans lost. :evil:
By Decky
Senegal was surprisingly good against Poland (never seen a team better in the air, lots of headers), and Spain surprisingly bad being held to a draw with Portugal and just scraping by with a victory against Iran after Iran's goal was disallowed (also Diego Costa should have been sent off anyway).
By fuser
England just scored highest ODI score in cricket, I am telling you, you guys should start watching Cricket, they are thrashing Australia (Not so good when they are not cheating.. ;) ) real bad.

There's still time, save some disappointment, avoid football, watch Cricket.
By Godstud
Good job Ronaldo, last night! Morocco played well but just couldn't hit the net.

Today, it's Go Australia!

Cricket??? That's not World Cup. That's rubbish!
By Heisenberg
fuser wrote:England just scored highest ODI score in cricket, I am telling you, you guys should start watching Cricket, they are thrashing Australia (Not so good when they are not cheating.. ;) ) real bad.

The most English thing about that victory was the media afterwards saying we only won because ODIs are skewed towards batsmen. I guarantee if it were the other way around, Aussie media wouldn't have a similar debate :lol:
By fuser
Did media forgot that Aussies have batsman too?

Anyways this football thread is now hijacked by cricket i.e. Great Success. 8)
By fuser
I think Modi will convert all our cricket superstar into football superstar, we just need to have faith and vote him in again.

Acche din aane wale hai (Good days are about to come) as they say. :knife:
By Rancid
I stopped watching sports once I canceled my cable TV. It's really hard to watch live sports without a cable TV subscription.
By Rancid
Argentina is a weak team apart from Messi. Why do Argentines really think he can carry the entire team.

Messi is a team player, he needs people that can keep up with him, and are on the same mental plane as he is.
By MadMonk
Sweden vs. Germany is going to be, from start to finish, the greatest massacre since Stalingrad. After a succesful blitzkrieg through our mediocre midfield, our defensive line will crumble faster than Maurice Gamelins illusions of stopping anything larger than a herd of domesticated sheep.

Ending on a positive note, Özil is not starting. So we might have a snowball's chance in hell or something. :)
By ness31
MadMonk wrote:Sweden vs. Germany is going to be, from start to finish, the greatest massacre since Stalingrad. After a succesful blitzkrieg through our mediocre midfield, our defensive line will crumble faster than Maurice Gamelins illusions of stopping anything larger than a herd of domesticated sheep.

Ending on a positive note, Özil is not starting. So we might have a snowball's chance in hell or something. :)

I’ve just tuned in to the second half. Seems the Germans have regrouped and are on the attack ;)

In other football news, I can’t express how happy I am for Mexico. I reckon they may go all the way. Belgium vs Tunisia was a bit of a whitewash so we won’t even go there..

Edit: Full Time - And that folks, is why Germany are the reigning world champions. That second goal was superb.
Serbia was robbed of a draw by that cheeky Swiss ref. Would have meant Serbia in final 16, Switzerland out. Video ref should automatically overrule the ref, this is a dumb system they got in place. What's the point of conclusive video ref if the ref can choose to ignore a blatant penalty infraction.
By ness31
I can’t watch England vs Panama anymore..

I just quit reading when you started talking abou[…]

Again, conspiracy theories about Jewish domina[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]