8th Place: A High School Girl’s Life After Transgender Students Joined Her Sport - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Rancid wrote:I thought they said yes like two Olympics ago? :?:

I don't recall...

I think the above approach is ok with sport, because sports aren't really that big of a deal from a geopolitical and cultural perspective, but I'm not convince this is a good way to do it for other areas of
life.

No, I don't think it should be allowed at all...
BigSteve wrote:No, I don't think it should be allowed at all...

If you want to avoid controversy with SJW types, this is the best approach. I suspect this is why it's getting allowed.

In this specific case, I think this is good, to show how ridiculous a hardline/millitant transgender advocacy position can be.

Sometimes it's good when more people can see stupid shit laid forth.
Rancid wrote:If you want to avoid controversy with SJW types...

Forgive me... "SJW"?

Sometimes it's good when more people can see stupid shit laid forth.

I'll disagree. It doesn't take a genius to understand the negative impact this will have if it's allowed. I don't need to "see" anything. I already know it's ridiculous...
Apparently, from what I'm readin, transgener athletes were permitted to compete in the Olympics going back to 2004. In a positive move, though, last year the IOC indicated that it was going to reduce the amount of testosterone levels that are allowable by 1/2.

http://www.newnownext.com/the-olympics-are-about-to-make-it-a-lot-harder-for-transgender-athletes-to-compete/04/2018/

This move will make it far more difficult for transgender "women" to compete against other actual women...
BigSteve wrote:Forgive me... "SJW"?

Social Justice Warrior. It's a catch all phrase for people that are hyper focused on issues of equiality/equity, etc. etc. The kind of people that would advocate for allowing transgendered (that were once men) women to compete in a women's sport could call into the category of SJW.

Often, their sense of equality at all costs can lead to policies that actually create more inequiality. Like this case with the track and field teams.

BigSteve wrote:I'll disagree. It doesn't take a genius to understand the negative impact this will have if it's allowed. I don't need to "see" anything. I already know it's ridiculous...

It's not about being smart or stupid. When people are blinded by their ideology and causes; the only way you can get them to "see" is to slap them in the face with reality. I'm saying, this is that slap in the face they need.

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]