Australia and Sports - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By colliric
@Godstud

Are you in Australia at the moment? Canberra?

If so, you do not have my permission to ever leave....

Need more intelligent people here.

But Canberra is boring. At least move to Sydney or Melbourne, Igor is in Newcastle.
By Godstud
:lol: no, but I can't wait to visit it.
By colliric
Godstud wrote::lol: no, but I can't wait to visit it.

So why do you follow Canberra Raiders results then? Lol. Also NRL sucks, real Australians love the homegrown AFL Aussie Rules football. Not that imported from England Rugby league shit.
By Godstud
I have an Australian friend, from Canberra, introduce me to the NRL a year ago. Been following them ever since and so I became a fan of rugby league and the Raiders.

Parramatta sure handed Brisbane a thrashing on Sunday, didn't they?

I haven't watched enough AFL to know much about it. I saw the finals last year, and that's about it.

Rugby league is Australian. Rugby Union, is European. Almost completely different rules between the two.
By colliric
Godstud wrote:Rugby league is Australian. Rugby Union, is European. Almost completely different rules between the two.

Rugby League (rules) was imported from Northern England along with the rest of Rugby (Union rules).

I guess Cricket was also imported from England, but it's always been a more international sport.
By Hindsite
colliric wrote:Rugby League (rules) was imported from Northern England along with the rest of Rugby (Union rules).

I guess Cricket was also imported from England, but it's always been a more international sport.

American football and baseball are much better.
By colliric
Hindsite wrote:American football and baseball are much better.

Gridiron is at least more Entertaining to watch than Rugby because strategy and strategic plays are more important to American Football. Who can forget a legendary Hail Mary pass when it succeeds. I'll give you that.

Basketball inspires the best Sport Video Games at least, still an NBA Jam addict. AFL video games all suck, they never get the physics right.
colliric wrote:AFL video games all suck, they never get the physics right.

I quite playing those damn video games because my grandson always beats the pants off me.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]