E-bikes are a thing now - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By late
I used to be an avid cyclist. We rode bikes across Italy, from the Adriatic to the Med.

Now I am old, and haven't been able to ride. Back in the Spring, I bought an ebike. It made riding possible again, and that's been great.

Once I had one, I started noticing things. Half of all bike sales in Germany are ebikes now. They make a lot of commutes possible that would be rugged without the help of a motor.

They get better every year, although the price is steep for the really good ones.

https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/a2 ... ip-review/
I have been thinking that if I get the recumbent pedicab I have been dreaming about for years, that I would get it as an e-bike. This way, I could take my mother down and up the river valley here.
By Rancid
My dream is that the company I work for moves to downtown. This way, I can bike to the light rail station (1-1.5miles away) and get to work without a car. I would consider getting an ebike, but maybe it's not that important given that the bike commute would be so short.

When we say ebike, we're talking about those bikes that basically have an assist motor so that you don't have to pedal as much/hard?
By late
An ebike is any bike with an electrical motor.

But when I say ebike, I mean a bike built to take a mid drive pedal assist motor.
By late
Pants-of-dog wrote:
I have been thinking that if I get the recumbent pedicab I have been dreaming about for years, that I would get it as an e-bike. This way, I could take my mother down and up the river valley here.

Have you ever heard of the Elf?

https://organictransit.com/
@Ter :lol: :up:

That's a good e-bike. You might even get the rider if you set him up with a green card.

This is my e-bike. E as in "everything". It's far superior.
Pedals?

Bike
a bicycle or motorcycle.

Then again, I don't consider a scooter a motorcycle, but it's still in the definition. :)
Godstud wrote:
Pedals?

Bike
a bicycle or motorcycle.

Then again, I don't consider a scooter a motorcycle, but it's still in the definition. :)

Tell it to the judge :lol:

Palestinian armed groups in Gaza do have a history[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

^ His lies are creative at least, I'll give him th[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

^ I shared the Sachs and Meirsheimer videos in her[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]