Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

I'm rereading this thread, and my predictions weren't that off. And I had Tyson as my sentimental favorite. I was glad to see him come out and give a good account. And Roy Jones is the shit, go watch those videos I posted. It might have been WWF shit, they might have sparred 100 rounds before the limelights, that's actually a possibility. Whatever, I didn't shed a cent, I always stream and bootleg.
Tyson did better than expected. Jones just clinched the entire fight because he was gasses and couldn't touch Mike. Clinching should be banned in boxing, it ruins the sport. 2 clinches in a round and you lose a point.
By ness31
I’m going to assume ‘clinching’ in when the men hug. I find that super annoying too.
By Crantag
Unthinking Majority wrote:Tyson did better than expected. Jones just clinched the entire fight because he was gasses and couldn't touch Mike. Clinching should be banned in boxing, it ruins the sport. 2 clinches in a round and you lose a point.

I'll tell you my view on clinching. I was once an amateur boxer. I got punched in the face and clinched before. It's sorta like what you do. If a fighter gets hit and hurt, the commentators say "he needs to hold on." In my case, as a boxing fan I don't like clinching sometime, but in the ring, sometimes I got hit and I wanted to cinch. I'm not anti clinching. I am not a fan of when I see an MMA fight and guys want to fence hump though.
By Crantag
ness31 wrote:I’m going to assume ‘clinching’ in when the men hug. I find that super annoying too.

Let me fix a weight, drop it on your head, leave a poll fixed in front of you, and then test it out and see if you decide to clinch on to the poll. That's how clinching is. You aren't allowed to clinch excessively. In an MMA fight, sometimes you get two fat guys cage fucking for 15 minutes.
By ness31
Guys, I’d be the number one clincher because I am a total light weight and would drop if you hit me with a feather. But you have to admit, if someone is smothering their opponent in a bear hug because they can’t continue, they’ve obviously copped a beating and should be penalized. Clinching allows them to recover at the expense of their opponent. And if they’re both hugging each other...well it’s not fun to watch.
Crantag wrote:I'll tell you my view on clinching. I was once an amateur boxer. I got punched in the face and clinched before. It's sorta like what you do. If a fighter gets hit and hurt, the commentators say "he needs to hold on." In my case, as a boxing fan I don't like clinching sometime, but in the ring, sometimes I got hit and I wanted to cinch. I'm not anti clinching. I am not a fan of when I see an MMA fight and guys want to fence hump though.

The difference with MMA is that you can still attack while in the clinch. In boxing the entire purpose of clinching is to avoid attack.

If you get hurt in boxing too bad, then you better dance or you're going to get knocked out. I realize it can be a natural reaction by boxers but the ref needs to step in immediately or take away points because it ruins the product many times. I want to see punching or bobbing/weaving/dancing I don't want to see arms continually tied up.
By Crantag
ness31 wrote:Guys, I’d be the number one clincher because I am a total light weight and would drop if you hit me with a feather. But you have to admit, if someone is smothering their opponent in a bear hug because they can’t continue, they’ve obviously copped a beating and should be penalized. Clinching allows them to recover at the expense of their opponent. And if they’re both hugging each other...well it’s not fun to watch.

It wasn't a serious fight. Neither of them is going to challenge for the heavyweight title. Roy did clinch too much.
By Crantag
Unthinking Majority wrote:The difference with MMA is that you can still attack while in the clinch. In boxing the entire purpose of clinching is to avoid attack.

If you get hurt in boxing too bad, then you better dance or you're going to get knocked out. I realize it can be a natural reaction by boxers but the ref needs to step in immediately or take away points because it ruins the product many times. I want to see punching or bobbing/weaving/dancing I don't want to see arms continually tied up.

The worst clinch shit fests I've seen were two fat guys fence humping in the MMA cage. Just truth.
By Crantag
Unthinking Majority wrote:It does happen from time to time but it's rare.

I love MMA, I wanted to be an MMA fighter, I came up as a wrestler and got decent at judo and stuff, and I fucked off in to boxing to try to get better at MMA, and then I hurt my back MMA sparring with a Japanese judo champion, kinda came back, but fucked out of MMA. I actually really like MMA. But, that cage hugging shit does happen. But so it goes. It's a fight.
By Crantag
I wanted to be a pro boxer but I wasn't good enough. I was a shitty boxer. I was a good grappler.

Edit, I am a good grappler ;-).

Watch out for me I could choke you out ;-).
By Crantag
I'll tell you this, I did fight on the amateur circuit. I had a USA boxing passport. People paid money to see me fight. But I'm a nobody. Blackjack could probably knock me out.
By Crantag
I was just a brawler in judo. I was a wrestler in a judogi. I earned my marks in competitions. But I didn't even know the difference between a tai otoshi and a de ashi burai.
By Crantag
I'm sorry to take over the thread or whatever, but shit happens. I think double posts and shit are allowed in the sports section, hah. Other than Fedor Emelianenko and Kazushi Sakurabi, who are gods, another god is Sergei Kharitonov.

Are you hoping I want aids? No, I want you to b[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Then why are people like you so worried about The[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable justi[…]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]