Playing in a Soccer Tournament - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Gnote
Tonight I will play my first game of organized indoor soccer. My friend (who plays soccer and is pretty good at it) has entered myself and some friends of ours into a co-rec (guys and girls) tournament. While I am fairly athletic (hockey and football), I've yet to play soccer on any organized level. Anyone have any tips?
By Comrade Ogilvy
Shoulder against shoulder is allowed. Its amazing all the things you can get away with if you keep this in mind.
By Gnote
Having played hockey, I will be perpetually concerned with playing overly agressive. From what I hear, the level of body contact in soccer pales in comparison to that of hockey.
By Comrade Ogilvy
From what I hear, the level of body contact in soccer pales in comparison to that of hockey.

Yes it does, you cannot tackle people. But when dribling you can do some bumping. Just make sure the impact comes when he runs towards you.
Or make him fall by stopping fast , resulting in him hitting you.
By Hatred
Watch soccer games and learn how to play.
I'd suggest Pele or World Cups documentaries, very good plays.
That's how we do when nobody teaches us.
By liberalist
Use the walls to your advantage. Learn the bounce of the walls and use it as an extra player.
By Michel
This is funny. Ignorant Canadians who know nothing of football.
By Attila The Nun
Learn to either bribe or to give really good hummers. Then you can do whatever you want!
By briansmith
Play strong defense. There's nothing more reliable to a team than someone who plays strong, reliable defense. Be very unselfish, be quiet, and play hard. Put the team first. You may not get the spotlight, but you will be appreciated and valuable to your team.
By Thoss
This is funny. Ignorant Canadians who know nothing of football.

Inaccurate.
I've played competitive soccer (football) for more than ten years. In Regina and in Vancouver, the 2 cities where I've spent the majority of my life, there have been very competitive football leagues.

@FiveofSwords Why will an accountant make a be[…]

What do the tweets say? Read them? They have ex[…]

Dude, YouTube is your source? You are not a serio[…]

World War II Day by Day

They are words that will always ring true. So lo[…]