NFL Fans thread - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By | I, CWAS |
I've been an AFC man since the beginning, and have never gotten over the AFC superbowl losing streak of the late 20th century, which robbed me of much joy. But now watching the NFC basically molest the playoff picture, is enjoyable. Now just like our elections the playoff format was ignored--it's faults-- until problems arise. Technically Tampa Bay is still in the playoff picture at 4-7. A wild Card in the NFC will probably end up having a 7-9 record, which to me should not be allowed, for one a losing team does not deserve it, and for two it debases the playoffs, having a team like tampa bay or even *shuter* possibly the cards or saints. Now My Bengals are busting their collective ass with a Conspiracy working against them, trying to get to 9 wins and these NFC wild card contenders would be dead in the AFC.

Regardless of circumstance in my opinion the NFC Championship game will be between Philadelphia and Green Bay, i just don't see the falcons making it. But it's virtually meaning less since the wild card games won't be anything special.

I use to give consideration to just abolishing the Confrences in regards to the playoffs and simply take the 12 best teams. This of course has kinks in it, as it does do away with AFC vs NFC nature, because you can have a ratio loaded towards one side, and I don't want to see two AFC teams pitted against each other in the superbowl. Whatever it takes, it should be forbidden to allow a losing team to weasel into the playoffs, while a much better team (which shall go unamed) in the AFC won't get a wild card spot with an 8-8 record.
Last edited by | I, CWAS | on 18 Dec 2004 20:12, edited 2 times in total.
By uglygoat
browns or bengals?

god those are two hard teams to be fans of.... how they can consistently scrape the bottom of the barrell year after year... or when they do have some talent, how they can manage to let guys like elway and montana walk all over them in the big show, or the lead up to it... 1st and 97 GAH!!!!!!!!!
By | I, CWAS |
browns or bengals?

The browns are a plague, that should be utterly cleansed from ohio. We managed to enjoy their departure, then the scumbags were resurrected in a conspiracy against the bengals.

god those are two hard teams to be fans of.... how they can consistently scrape the bottom of the barrell year after year... or when they do have some talent, how they can manage to let guys like elway and montana walk all over them in the big show, or the lead up to it... 1st and 97 GAH!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea, how much drinking goes on in these parts, because the bengals have a habit of starting off atrociously, having some big event happen about halfway through, and gain momentum for the playoffs, then blow it by about 1 game or at most two, when we got coslet he finished 7-2 but we were already 1-6 when he took over for shula and missed the playoffs. ,Last season we blew a bunch of easy games, and then a wild card was up for grabs between us and the ravens, and we blew it against the browns, and missed out. I tell you this shit is so annoying, now here we are again, a week after the bengals and browns had the highest scoring game since the merger, and gaining momentum with a 5-6 record and in our last 6 games we are 4-2 but I will prove there is a conspiracy against the bengals again, the remainder of our schedule are the Ravens
Patriots Bills, GIANTS Eagles
By Boondock Saint
Bengals > horse shit but thats about it.

I hear tell the Bengals played a scrimmage against a local pee wee team and lost ...
By | I, CWAS |
Bengals > horse shit but thats about it.

I hear tell the Bengals played a scrimmage against a local pee wee team and lost ...

We just have had a few bad breaks, we are in the rebuilding process, granted we have been in this process 1990, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Chad Johnson is the best reciever in the AFC. Rudi Johnson is on pace to have a 1,500 yard season. We are just inept against a solid ground game. Palmer is coming into his own, but this rookie bastard chokes more than Jenna Jameson during a 3 hour deepthroat session.
By Seán Himmelb(L)au

browns or bengals?

The browns are a plague, that should be utterly cleansed from ohio.

:eek:
By uglygoat
:lol:

i'm a browns fan from birth and i agree... after the initial shock of them leaving so many moons ago... i actually enjoyed watching the nfl as i had no serious stake in it... the last two years i've eagerly awaiting the axe on butch davis.... :D
By Boondock Saint
but this rookie bastard chokes more than Jenna Jameson during a 3 hour deepthroat session.

What? Jenna Jameson has no gag reflex anymore ;)

damn that post will look bad to a non american

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats so true ...
By | I, CWAS |
t1master
i'm a browns fan from birth and i agree... after the initial shock of them leaving so many moons ago... i actually enjoyed watching the nfl as i had no serious stake in it... the last two years i've eagerly awaiting the axe on butch davis....

Damn he was an utter disaster as a Gm and never should have had the dual role.Who do you think will get the job? I'm placing my money on Scott Pioli, and hopefully he will be a disaster too, and act as an aid in keeping them a last place fixture.
By uglygoat
i think cleveland's reputation as an utter shit hole will ensure the browns continue to mop up the afc north toilets.... :lol:

mind i was born and raised in the pit of cleveland, and not the posh suburbs that claim to be the town.... and the fans there get off on being the under dog.

even though the team sucks, and tickets cannot be had for less than a weeks wage, the stands are still packed... it's not the old 'fun' crowd of muni stadium, the drinking and fighting and vomiting etc... but it's still bringing in money hand over fist...

i don't know who they'll hire, i'm out here in manning country hoping for another head shot/broken jaw.... ;)
By Pope Perseus Peptabysmal
You cannot even say you are an AFC man if you wanna do away with the conferences.

Lamar Hunt may have to come hobble out and beat your ass with his walking cane.

I'm a Chiefs fan. No need to explain how I'm doin.
By | I, CWAS |
t1master
even though the team sucks, and tickets cannot be had for less than a weeks wage, the stands are still packed... it's not the old 'fun' crowd of muni stadium, the drinking and fighting and vomiting etc... but it's still bringing in money hand over fist...

The Pound, cleveland has the most loyal fans In my opinion, we have a lot of fairweather fans in southern ohio. In fact the rivalary is of south ohio versus the Liberal Northeast.
:lol:

Lord Stewart
You cannot even say you are an AFC man if you wanna do away with the conferences.

I don't support that, I said I use to give it consideration, because we are about to have losing teams in the playoffs coming out of that shit pool NFC. Remember when the bengals ended your hopes for a perfect season last year?
By uglygoat
who was that big samoan running back you guys had in the late eighties early ninties.... he could bust some heads...

that's what i like about the afc... hard hitting backs and tightends.. leave the qb in the pocket and punish the defense... :evil:
By | I, CWAS |
t1master
who was that big samoan running back you guys had in the late eighties early ninties.... he could bust some heads...

Hmm I can't remember one of samoan decent, I don't know if You are thinking of ickey woods, who had a part hawaiian mother I think. In the late 80's and early 90's our prime running backs were Eric ball, James Woods, Ickey woods with his funny dance and Harold green.
By uglygoat
no was the chiefs running back... big as a linebacker, but fast and could cut...
By briansmith
I'm with Lord Stewart. CHIEFS!

Chad Johnson is trash, by the way.
By | I, CWAS |
Chad Johnson is trash, by the way.

you blapheme, I simply get annoyed by his rodomontade.

So after saying all whites are brothers, you woul[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]