All purpose MMA thread - Page 120 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Crantag
Godstud wrote:I don't have to respect your opinion. All I have to do is acknowledge it. Respect is earned. You've done nothing to earn respect except make assertions that you expect others to agree with, "or you are not a real man"(your own words). That's childish.

You don't have to.

But, I would wish you to learn to read properly.

That at least should be a pre-requesite for internet discussion.

If you learn to read, you might even be able to understand a bit of rhetoric.

One step at a time though.
By Crantag
Godstud wrote:Maybe you should learn not to be such a douchebag. Just a suggestion, of course....

Look, I've been competitive in wrestling, boxing, judo, and Brazilian jiu jitsu.

I've won championships in wrestling and judo.

I'm also interested in politics.

And I'm politically opposed to Zuffa.

You love Zuffa.

Okay, fair enough.

But do understand, that there are other perspectives out there.
By Decky
Who would have thought there would be so many arguments amongst people who like to watch people beat the shit out of each other for fun.
By Godstud
Crantag wrote:Look, I've been competitive in wrestling, boxing, judo, and Brazilian jiu jitsu.

I've won championships in wrestling and judo.
So what? That doesn't mean you deserve any more respect than anyone else. Try giving respect, and it'll be returned. Saying that anyone who disagrees with you is a poopyhead, is essentially what you did. How does that deserve respect?

Crantag wrote:You love Zuffa.
I've never said anything of the sort. Can you quote me on that?

Crantag wrote:But do understand, that there are other perspectives out there.
Yes, and you have to realize that, as well.
By Crantag
Just reread my posts or something, "GodStud".

I'm not trying to convert you to my side.

I've said my bit.

You have a crush on Dana White.

That's cool (though it is a little strange).

But you haven't understood what I have had to say. So, there's no purpose in carrying on.
By Godstud
I disagree with you, that's all, but then you have no right telling people they aren't real men, just because we don't agree with what you said. That's plain childish, and that's exactly what you DID do.

Crantag wrote:You don't need to agree with me. But, that is my standpoint. You must respect it. Or else, you are not a real man.
Is what you said. You should at least respect what I SAY, or I shall not grant you the same courtesy.
By Godstud
The quote is accurate. You are denying the reality because it shows that you DID in fact act disrespectful to anyone who disagreed with you. Maybe you should grow up, since your own reading, and comprehension seems lacking. (See how easy it is to toss back insults? Would you like to stop insulting, or do you want to continue with your childish game?)
By Crantag
Godstud wrote:The quote is accurate. You are denying the reality because it shows that you DID in fact act disrespectful to anyone who disagreed with you. Maybe you should grow up, since your own reading, and comprehension seems lacking. (See how easy it is to toss back insults? Would you like to stop insulting, or do you want to continue with your childish game?)

I'll continue 'the childish game'.

Your reading comprehension is lacking.

Sorry to inform you of that. I think you should call up your gradeschool teacher to bitch her out though (instead of me).
By Godstud
Did you, or did you not, say: Crantag said: "You don't need to agree with me. But, that is my standpoint. You must respect it. Or else, you are not a real man."?

If my reading comprehension is lacking, then perhaps you can tell me how I am supposed to understand the statement above. I only learned English.

I'm sorry that you don't deserve anyone's respect, just because you have an opinion. Also, me saying I was a former UFC champion(not true) is as valid as your alleged martial arts experience. It doesn't garner you any sort of respect, and I don't need to respect your standpoint, just because you said so. I'll give you as much respect as you give me(which is none, so far).
By Godstud
Leave it to an American to make idiotic assumptions about other people.
I have ZERO interest in handing out warnings in a thread in an off-topic sub-forum I care nothing about.

I have simply removed the offending posts for now. Please abide by the forum rules, or simply drop it so I don't have to warn people for arguing about sports...
By Crantag
Demosthenes wrote:I have ZERO interest in handing out warnings in a thread in an off-topic sub-forum I care nothing about.

I have simply removed the offending posts for now. Please abide by the forum rules, or simply drop it so I don't have to warn people for arguing about sports...

Sorry, man.

And sorry, Godstud.

Let's reboot.

Are you interested in boxing much?

We both like combat sports.

That's a start.

I'm looking forward to the fight between Cormier and Jones, and I'm looking forward to the Diaz-Silva matchup.

Who do you see winning those?
By Godstud
It's a new year. I have already forgotten what has happened last year, Crantag. Have a great New Year! My apologies, as well.

I'm not really into boxing. I like pretty much all MMA, however.

I'd pick Jones, although Cormier's a bit of a machine in his own right. Cormier could surprise, however, since he's got real knockout power.

As for Diaz vs Silva... Silva. It's a safe choice. I can't imagine that Silva is returning unprepared.
By Crantag
I'm picking Cormier, honestly. (He's a 2.5 to 1 underdog on Bovada. I don't really gamble, but I like to look at the odds.)

I am still thinking Cormier is my favorite. But Jones is really good.

I definitely think Silva will beat Diaz. But, it's an interesting matchup. And I can't count Diaz out.
Are you interested in boxing much?

Sorry to butt in, but yes, I am. There used to be quite a bit of boxing talk on here ... but the main people into it had too leave Boon (in NYC) and some bloke in Mexico.

Feel free to start a boxing thread.

Uysk, currently in cruiser, is my favourite pro. I followed the amateur ranks more closely in the past but not so much now.
By Godstud
Tough fight for Jones, but he definitely won it. Cormier was very good despite having a 12" reach disadvantage.
By layman
I always liked boxing but my views of MMA were pretty low due to its beginnings. I watched some fights in the 80's that looked just like glorified bar room brawls.

Saw some youtube vids recently and it has clearly come a long way!

What else do you want? Are you hoping I want ai[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]