The People's Farage [per request] - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.
This is in response to Decky's request and I'm posting them here rather than just putting it in TLTE - assuming Decky is still interested.

Probably not my best work, but I made a few variants to pick from.

Avs:

Sigs:

As usual I'm open to adjusting things or taking additional requests - just so long as you ask me nicely.
Varax wrote:As usual I'm open to adjusting things or taking additional requests - just so long as you ask me nicely.

I got my hopes up when I was going through TLTE, only to discover that Rei had rescinded her invitation before I got the chance to ask.

Is there any chance you could make a black and white signature of José Carlos Mariátegui seeming to look out into the distance with my favourite quote of his in the centre?

The best picture to use would be a cropped and flipped version of this:

The quote comes from his essay on "Man and Myth":

"History is made by people possessed and illuminated by a higher belief, by a superhuman hope, others are the anonymous chorus of the drama." (The bold part would do if the whole thing couldn't fit.)

If it's too much trouble, I could try to do it myself but I'm not very good with that sort of thing.
Decky wrote:No love for out future Lord Protector then? Maybe you worry that you will be eclipsed eh Cromwell?

Is it so wrong, Decky? To live in the past and not bear to face the future? I believe in the People's Army, I truly do, but Mister Farage (I fear) would be called a better head of state than even my namesake (Ironsides and Tumble Down Dick, the both of them). Woe is me.
Decky wrote:Well it's not fucking hard to be a better head of state than Cromwell II.

Easier still to be a better head of state than most. Why couldn't we have had a phase like the French where we just cycled through a bucket load of important or influential people?

The French don't get to just claim this man as head of state...

... but, also, the man who painted that picture.

We, on the other, get a few stand-outs like Richard I and bunch of inbred nobodies.

Of course you are. Hardly, I don't want to help[…]

Victoria Nuland called. She wants her ahistoric[…]

As is usually the case, I am right. I was […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

litwin doesn't know this. What litwin knows is: […]