Would You Change My Avatar? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.
alithinker2 wrote:Thanks but it is not very clear. Is there anyway someone makes a bigger, clearer picture for me.
Also, same thing with the signature.

Remember, an avatar must be 100 X 100, so it will appear small.
quetzalcoatl wrote:Remember, an avatar must be 100 X 100, so it will appear small.

Are you sure? In the Edit Avatar tab it says: "Specify" the width and height of the avatar. You can actually change the entries in the boxes.
Besides, the image you sent is just not clear. I don't know why. My current avatar is much clearer in terms of details.
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 0.02 KiB. You can specify a smaller dimension. I will try to come up with a clearer image.
quetzalcoatl wrote:Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 0.02 KiB. You can specify a smaller dimension. I will try to come up with a clearer image.

Cool. I would appreciate it. But could you also make it colorful? I'd rather it being colorful than black and white.
Thanks.
alithinker2 wrote:Cool. I would appreciate it. But could you also make it colorful? I'd rather it being colorful than black and white.
Thanks.

The rules for avatars specify black and white, alas. That's why I manipulated the image with a greyscale filter. The signature can have color images, if that helps.
alithinker2 wrote:Could you also do the signature for me?

That picture just isn't going to size down into the Sig box ... If I cut reduce it to where the text fits ... it cuts his head off at the bottom of the eyes.

http://s9.postimg.org/46cyyyya7/avisig.jpg

How about this ? Use it until you find something better ?

Zam
Zamuel wrote:That picture just isn't going to size down into the Sig box ... If I cut reduce it to where the text fits ... it cuts his head off at the bottom of the eyes.

http://s9.postimg.org/46cyyyya7/avisig.jpg

How about this ? Use it until you find something better ?

Zam

Dear Zam, thanks for creating this alternative signature for me! I like the picture I chose better but this is good too. So thanks!

But how did you do that? How did you create that avatar and this signature? Can I do what you did with Windows Paint?
I tried using paint before and re-sizing my avatar to 100x100 but the site didn't accept my photo. Is it because I was trying to upload an image vs linking to an image? If so, how do you create a link for a photo, like the ones you sent me?
Thanks
But how did you do that? How did you create that avatar and this signature? Can I do what you did with Windows Paint?

I don't know much about windows paint ... I use a graphic editor called Gimp 2 (freeware). It has a lot of features and filters that can be very useful.

The avatar came from the pic you provided, I cropped it, resized it, sharpened it, and tweaked the brightness and contrast a little.
The Sig was a dnld from Google (Mujica Images) that I cropped out of a larger Image then resized.

the site didn't accept my photo. Is it because I was trying to upload an image vs linking to an image?

I think so, Avatar's and Sigs need to be hosted by a 3rd party, I uploaded your's to my storage site and sent you the URLS for those images on that site. You should save them to your computer and if possible get your own on line storage site ... The one I use is http://postimage.org/ it's free and easy to sign up for and use.

If so, how do you create a link for a photo, like the ones you sent me? Thanks

When you upload an image to the storage site, it automatically supplies several URLs you can copy and use when linking to that pic. (I use the DIRECT LINK).

Zam

This is my attempt to create something similar to what you wanted with that quote.

Looks great!
Zamuel wrote: I don't know much about windows paint ... I use a graphic editor called Gimp 2 (freeware). It has a lot of features and filters that can be very useful.

The avatar came from the pic you provided, I cropped it, resized it, sharpened it, and tweaked the brightness and contrast a little.
The Sig was a dnld from Google (Mujica Images) that I cropped out of a larger Image then resized.

I think so, Avatar's and Sigs need to be hosted by a 3rd party, I uploaded your's to my storage site and sent you the URLS for those images on that site. You should save them to your computer and if possible get your own on line storage site ... The one I use is http://postimage.org/ it's free and easy to sign up for and use.

When you upload an image to the storage site, it automatically supplies several URLs you can copy and use when linking to that pic. (I use the DIRECT LINK).

Zam

Dear Zam, thanks for the clarifications and giving me: postimage.org. It looks great. But I can't edit images like you. I thought you could do that with Microsoft paint. But it is unlikely.
Thanks for the avatar anyway.

Varax wrote:Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/ ... vrg7oo.png

This is my attempt to create something similar to what you wanted with that quote. The image you posted didn't work very well for the reasons Zamuel mentioned so it was either find a similar picture to use instead or just awkwardly size it down anyway and do what I can to make it work.

Dear varax, thanks for the signiture. It looks fantastic! But the quote in it is wrong. lol
You see, that quote is actually from Nietzsche not Mujica. My initial plan was to have a signature with a photo of Mujica and a quote in it, and have Nietzsche's quote under the signature. So would you please replace the quote in the signature you created with this quote from Mujica: "I am called 'the poorest president', but I don't feel poor. Poor people are those who only work to try to keep an expansive lifestyle, and always want more and more."
I'll just include Nietzsche's quote under the signature.
Thanks.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]