Sig 136: a form of manipulation you can't refuse - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.
The reason why the media loves Trump is because he is so so selfish.
He is therefore a star.
Anyone who shoves their shit in everyone’s faces is a star in the media.

This quote, from Nick Pemberton, is part of an excellent article about the PR of powerful people under late capitalism. There are lots of parallels made between the Regime of Donald Trump, and the life and ideas of George Orwell.

Below, Pemberton describe the way fin-de-regime suspicion (or systemic corruption) is mis-directed into suspicion of the poor and the foreign.

When the ruling class employs suspicions it is for people on food stamps, welfare, disability, etc. Suspicion is used to militarize the middle class against the working class who is supposedly not doing their fair share.

In this world women who are abandoned by men and want to feed their family are framed as gold diggers or welfare queens. Immigrants are seen as leachers. The homeless are seen as excess. The water of poor and brown communities is no longer a right but a resource that needs to be liberated for profit by the market in order to get better jobs for middle class whites. All business adventures by the 1% are seen as charitable and beneficial when in fact they are highly destructive, selfish and pathological.

If commercial media had existed in 1800, the USA would have collapsed as scarecrow-thin farmers with broken down houses full of expensive snake oil.

"Why Zeke, I see ya'all bought the new eyebrow cream that's guaranteed to bring a heavy spring rain for the corn crops. I just didn't have enough extra cash this year for that stuff, what with all the dang fertilizing crystals the wife bought for the fallow fields near the riverside..."

*collapses from fatigue and hunger*

Scary Urban Crime Drama, Light Suburban Sitcom
and then ads for lawn products, car products, and more television shows

It's always easier to make a cake if you've got a recipe.

This works for propaganda as well.

If you want to sell people suburbia, and all the products it will require, you've gotta have a recipe.

Turn off media and allow your mind to simmer for 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrbPAt1_vc4
"We stand on the shoulders of giants"
(and feign naivete so we can live off the rackets of our predecessors)

Here we can see the importance of word selection in creating a distorted worldview. The line in quotes is the original 12th Century quote from John of Salisbury:

"We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours."

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/268025.html
QatzelOk wrote:"We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours."

A wise man that. All the snotty keyboard warriors of today should have it tattooed on the inside of their eyeballs.
SolarCross wrote:A wise man that. All the snotty keyboard warriors of today should have it tattooed on the inside of their eyeballs.

Yeah. We should thank their ancestors that we sit inside staring at screens all day instead of being outside engaged in some other form of play or socialization.

They really set us up for success (extinction).
(note: Following Photobucket's recent commercial purge of free content (the Sig Enclosures), we are left with only text to manipulate our audience)

Commercial Media = Residential School system:
" to remove and isolate children from the influence of their homes, families, traditions and cultures"

Residential School System: Canada's Residential School System was set up more than a century ago in order to destroy the culture of the First Nations by taking their kids away from families and teaching them to hate their own cultures and values, and to love Christ and mindless assembly-line work. It was through understanding the Holy Trinity that First Nations kids would come to understand the "why" of alienation and isolation.

[url][url=https://indigenousfoundations.arts.ubc.ca/the_residential_school_system/]UBC[/url][/url] wrote:The residential school system is viewed by much of the Canadian public as part of a distant past, disassociated from today’s events.

Commercial Media: For the last half century, we watch the shows, giggle, then buy the useless products and imitate the actor's behaviors. We have learned to hate our own cultures and love the fake acting of TV and Hollywood actors.

Mark Twain once mentioned: whatever torture techniques work abroad (or on local minorities) are eventually used on everyone.

You're soaking in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dFlJikh0PY
Commercial Media = Residential School system:
" to remove and isolate children from the influence of their homes, families, traditions and cultures"

On this theme, a story about a residential school system being set up by a MINING COMPANY to 'educate' tribal children in a part of India.

Peter Harrison wrote:...As Chairperson for the Adani Foundation, Dr Priti Adani said at the opening of the school, which is partnered with the Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) – an organization that describes itself as ‘A Home for 30000 Indigenous Children’: “Education is the most powerful tool for social transformation.”

It sure is! It creates wage slaves that know their place in society and who are then able to operate as functions in the exploitative hierarchy of capitalism. But, in their short video – which really does have to be seen to be believed and would be an inspiration for Jair Bolsonaro – KISS put their mission much more clearly: “transforming social liabilities into social assets… and converting tax consumers into tax payers: a unique educational initiative for social transformation and peace.”...

There is some resistance to this 'transformation,' but do you really think these kids are being trained to think for themselves, or to think like an employee who lives under superior people?
"a nation of passive Eichmanns, who sit in their living rooms, popping pills and watching television as their country’s military machine mows down people by the millions" - Jim Garrison, 1969

I borrowed this quote from this article: The USA's Doll House: A Vast Tapestry of Lies and Illusions

Of course, today we don't just have TV and pills. We have Internet, video games, text messages, Netflix, and a whole host of other distractions, along with much better pills - some of which are prescribed by doctors who are bribed by the pharmaceutical industry to invent new condiotions.

That's what "progress" really means.
The Mariner wrote:QatzelOk, man, sometimes you just need to come to grips with the fact that nobody's paying attention.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for responding, non- lurker.
The Mariner wrote:Bro, I've only been here, like, two days.

I haven't had time to lurk!

:lol:

Then how do you know "nobody's paying attention?"

Do you imagine that negligence and apathy are the normal, default dispositions of people who chat on political forums?
The Mariner wrote:Get some friends!

Isn't Facebook more effective for "getting some (online) friends?"

POFO is really about political discussion, and this thread isn't a discussion so much as my vehicle for recording changes to my profile.
The Mariner wrote:I would imagine so. Then again, I said nothing about "online friends".

I was referring to real friends.

Do I also need to lose weight or to water my plants more often? :lol:

So I lost my Photobucket account to the forces of Evil Incorporated (killed by logofication). And it had been almost a year, so I decided to finally rebuild in another land.

A unique talent for scapegoating others using shared fiction = what made Homo Sapien so "successfully" genocidal, according to Yuval Harari
The new slogan is my synopsis of the first chapters of Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind
There are many potential slogans in the rest of the book.
I like books on General Anthropology as I get older, and feel the need to explore the meaning of life.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'd be totally happy for us to send ground troop i[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]