Can't take your eyes off of Sig 159 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.

Now that you live in the suburbs, you will need something to fill your time... and your eyeballs... and your psyche.

Perhaps you could watch 7 hours of TV every day?

Our sponsors would really appreciate it if you did.

"Thank you for watching!"

result: zombies in sh*t-wagons

soundtrack

I dunno much 'bout urban form or sociologies,
but I DO know how the ad makes me feel

The lumpenspectatoriat watched the screen, mouth and mind agape.

"Feed me the notions I need to manoeuvre my way around the world!" they silently screamed (via their silence).

And the screen happily complied, canned-laughing and sit-com smiling all the way to the bank - (which happened to be the screen's first cousin) :lol:

Guardian wrote:Stereotype of ‘Chelsea tractor’ reflects reality of urban SUV sales, says report

The stereotype of the Chelsea tractor, the derogatory term used to describe the tendency of the London middle classes to use 4x4 vehicles for the school run, is based on reality, according to new figures.

Promoted by carmakers and advertisers as a vehicle that takes you back to nature, new data shows that SUVs, which produce much greater CO2 emissions than most other cars, are most popular in affluent urban areas such as Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham and Westminster....

The ads for SUVs usually make me feel like a pioneer, going on adventures into the great unknown, boldly and confidently because of the size and strength of my machinery and chemicals.

Via the SUV ad, I am able to feel like I could be "very alive" if only I had this mechanical companion by my side.

This feeling is all I've got.
ness31 wrote:I don’t get your sig this time Zag...but, it feels unfair.

chew on that, my friend ;)

What does "Zag" mean in this sentence?

And what is it about the sig that "feels unfair?"
ness31 wrote:I was drunk when I wrote that.

But even now that I’m sober, I still don’t get it :lol:

Explanation hidden below:

► Show Spoiler

Please don't share what you have read with anyone young enough to "believe in" Santa Claus.
I see where you’re coming from. It’s much worse than just having to watch the ‘screen’ though.

You’re equipped with an amazing machine capable of doing 200kms and hour, yet you must not exceed a rather un-naturally low speed limit for fear of a financial penalty. This forces one to concentrate more on the speedo - a clock of sorts - and its actually quite stressful.

True. Story. ;)
Your Spare Time has been brought to you by: MK Ultra Pictures

Has been brought to you by...

So it's the 70s, and from now on, kids grow up in boxes surrounded by lawns and hostas.

Cars and parking lots fill all the public spaces, everything is far away, so you watch a lot of TV.
It's like you have no control over it. You must watch TV or you feel like you are in a graveyard alone.

And the same type of system that created the MK Ultra project - corporate capitalism inside the goverment - created mass media propaganda. And once humans were locked in their suburban pens, mass media propaganda would be used to actually raise them. For some, mass media propagnada would be all they knew of a "community." The fictional characters on TV shows.

Some schools in the 70s paid for their new classroom TV sets by "simply showing the educational films produced by the corporate sponsors."

I sat through more than a few "automobile safety and kids" films (that were really car company propaganda for kids) while disapproving teachers fumed in the background about being forced to do show these films by money-hungry administrations.

soundtrack

John Stanton wrote:It is tempting to think that free-will exists. Unfortunately, it does not, particularly in America (tip of the hat to Baruch Spinoza writing in his Ethics).

Taste in music (rap, rock, pop, etc.), fashion and food; political orientation whether left, right or center; what sports team to support, or vehicle to drive, or television series to watch is all supplied by media/corporations to American brains that are as malleable as silly putty.

It is not just the corporations though. Republicans, Democrats, the US Military, interest groups, and lobbyists (collectively, the neoliberal order) all get their products/messages on the airwaves and into the minds of the American human herd. The “masters” would likely be happier automating/digitizing American citizens/slaves.

Silly Putty brains, that have been turned against intellectual thought and philosophy?
In commercial media, every show is an infomercial, and every website is spyware.
Nothing else can exist in this kind of harsh, plastic ecosystem.

Five-minute video that explains what Propaganda means

If there are any questions, please type them in a *comment* to this thread.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

ISIS wants to create a division between Chechens […]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]