Banner competition - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.
By MB.
Infidelis' is very good, but way supersaturated.

Hows about we have 9 different banners which rotate randomly

Bandwidth. Limitations.
By Andres
So far I like joe's third attempt best. Infidelis' entry might be good or not, but I can't tell since it almost hurts to look at it.
By MB.
Joe's third attempt needs to attempt more elaborate font work. But yes, it is a very good follow up to the enLight/MB pattern as currently displayed.
By Dr House

I love Infidelis's work, he's one of the best GFX'ers on this site (shit I still have the libertarian spammer sig he made for me even though it's no longer relevant). But that banner sucks. The fact it's painful to look at should tell you it's badly made.

So far I like Joe's third attempt best too.
By NewEra
Can we maintain the use of flags behind the heads of the leaders? I really like how the current banner is designed. Very classy and original. The headshots of the leaders are also very well selected as they seem to be either leading or deep in thought.
By MB.
As you are no doubt aware, the current banner was designed by user enLight, who hasn't posted since September. The idea to introduce flags into the banner I can humbly claim to have originated.
By Donna
Max wrote:Hows about we have 9 different banners which rotate randomly? If someone becomes big in the news, we can add their banner in ... a bit like what Google do with their homepage. 8 of the banners can be like the one below and the 9th can be of another random leader (let's say, Dmitri Medvedev).

http://www.orgburo.com/pofobanner.jpg

I like this idea the best.
By Adrien
I keep hope that EnLight is gonna drop by with a banner.
By Maxim Litvinov
Donald - it was mainly an excuse to have a banner devoted to Putin, but I don't mind the idea myself. I'm not sure what sort of bandwidth/loading issues it would create (if any), but it would be a more flexible system - each time a leader went, you'd just remove their banner.
By joe
Indeed, I have tried to incorprate flags into the back of the politician's heads, although i was going to try some kind of symbol instead.

Hu Jintao with troops behind him for example.

i will have another crack at it because atm, I don't like how the leader's are mingled in - so to speak :)

I need to "patch" them up a bit better, so they "join" more
By Abood
I agree that dwix's banner has the best arrangement. However, Berlusconi (is that Berlusconi--the one farthest to the left? Why's he there anyway?) seems really pixelated.
By Nets
Dillpill's is my favorite.
By QatzelOk

The supersaturation is attractive and is the visual theme.

It adds an animation feel to the banner.
By dwix
It appears I have flattened the xcf. Whoops. I guess I'm not very good GIMP, so I'll get it if you still want but it's sorta not useful without layers, right? Damn.
By Infidelis
The (constructive) criticism of the overly saturated whiteness of my banner has been helpful...I plan on giving it a second hack.

It was late and some components were just tossed in...I didn't realize it came out whiter than a Nascar event...hopefully, a tad less trashy though (sorry, Lensky...I know you're a fan). :D
By Donna
I'm prepared to take hostages in order to materialize Maxim's idea.
By MB.
:?:

wat0n and Zionists in general playing victim here […]

Michael Jackson was a saint tho and still is, ins[…]

You must die on the hill of ZERO genetic differen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you really believe that America decides how Uk[…]