Mechanisms under Fascism to ensure competency of leadership? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
One of the biggest problems that a Fascist state will need to solve if it is to survive is the problem of corruption and greed among the ruling classes (chosen, of course, by merit). This is also why many people do not agree with Fascism: the idea of "who decides this, who watches the watchman". This is a problem which I do not know with any certainty how to solve: we cannot simply rely on the leadership if it is the leadership we are trying to watch, at least, so that they do not become despots in the same manner as the selfish and greedy despots of the third world, but rather enlightened rulers.

Do you believe there is room for some elected council?

This was my idea: there would be a council of elected men who are elected by popular vote among qualified voters (qualifications would include merit, education, contribution to nation, et cetera). This council would have very limited authority, but authority nonetheless, on the primary leadership, which would serve as a check.

I do not like the blend with democracy but how else would we ensure against that sort of corruption which brings down nations?
By Figlio di Moros
Check out Hamilton's "British Plan"; essentially, a series of electorial congresses to vote senators and presidents. It does reflect organic democracy(another concept to study), that low levels elect higher levels who elect higher levels which elect higher levels yet.
By Tribbles
The italian fascists, the bristish fascists (read "the coming corporativist state") have thought a lot about, and so have I.

Check out the link below my signature.
By starman2003
I don't think you'll ever see this sort of mix in the real world. Authoritarianism, if/when it revives, in the west, will almost certainly do so because of serious democratic failings (and the need for powerful, decisive leadership) so it can't be expected to allow its leadership to be "checked" by an elected council. To gain power, authoritarian leaders must have great confidence in themselves and their program. They wouldn't go through all the trouble of gaining power just to relinquish or dilute it.

..how else would we ensure against that sort of corruption which brings down nations?

Fascist states of the past weren't brought down by corruption; at least that wasn't the primary problem. Some corruption may always be inevitable, and it's by no means unique to authoritarian systems. In practice no system may be perfect; it may be enough to just have the best possible--a meritocratic authoritarianism.

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

@Istanbuller You are operating out of extreme[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]