Monarchists - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Boondock Saint
Never!! I was born a Kingsman and I'll die a Kingsman.

Indeed ...
By Comrade Juanito
Im strongly for monachy, because they always seemed to be centered around God in the middle ages. And as long as there is no crazed king that thinks its his duty to God to behead wives, one such king henry of england, then by all means i wouldnt mind a king. a religious king would be a good thing to all his devotion and loyalty he would give and possibly model his country/empire after the teachings of Jesus. But people are so selfish these days that no one dares listen to the pope or the queen of england, the prime figures of religion in europe and america, except a select few that dont desire power, and actually dont want to root God out of their society like america.
By FascistDictator
I only favor a monarchy if they are keen on building an empire. And yes i am an imperalist.
By Arthur2sheds_Jackson
Boondock Saint wrote:Well ... being an American I have angst towards any monarchy in general, unless its king Arthur, then its cool.

Thank You very much but please, just call me Arthur ;)
By FascistDictator
So S.P. you would support a worthy monarchy? Well then of the current 8 in Europe who would you most likely support?
By Jesse
I vehemently oppose any sort of illogical method to choose leaders. The most common defence of monarchists is to say it assures strong, decisive singular leadership. This simply isn't the case, because its far too random. And even if there was a bloodline that managed to produce an endless stream of ideal (or very damn close to) leaders, it still isn't viable, because the Citizens of the State aren't being heeded.
By Al Khabir
History was always much more exciting when a monarchy was in power... After all, what would you rather read about, the scheming and intrigue of Richard III, or wade through twenty years of parliamentary record keeping and debates about the third trout fishing bill of 1872.

The great advantage of the absolute monarchy is that they can pass decisions remarkably quickly. Perhaps an alternative system (which I do not hold as my own opinion) would be to allow the monarch absolute power, except for an elected body which could stop any of his decisions after a vote.

Then again, for those who have seen the film "Caligula" in whihc he forces all of the Senators to bleat like sheep there could always be one chilling disadvantage...
By Jesse
Scheming and Intrigue is all good and fun, but I'd rather not be schemed AGAINST. Ending up with a dagger in your back because of a despot isn't cool. Debate isn't always good either. Decisive Responsible Democratic leadership!
By Political Interest
:hmm:

I am defenitly not a Monarchist when it comes to this issue I am definitly a Republican I believe the people should rule the state not just a man or a woman who were born into power.
By Jesse
What are your thoughts on the Platonistic virtues of leadership? While I personally do not advoate a monarchy, or anyone being born into authority, I also am hesitant to approve of all the irresponsibility and variation inherent in absolute democracies.

'State of panic' as Putin realises he cannot wi[…]

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]