Fascism Reading List - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Fasces
Economics
l’Industrie Henri de Saint-Simon
Introduction à l'économie moderne Georges Sorel
The political doctrine of fascism Alfredo Rocco

Society
Letters from an Inhabitant of Geneva to His Contemporaries Henri de Saint-Simon
To all Englishmen and Frenchmen who are passionate about the public good Henri de Saint-Simon
l’Organisateur Henri de Saint-Simon
Prospectus Aguste Comte
Système de Politique Positive Aguste Comte
The Philosophy of Poverty Pierre-Joseph Proudhun
Sintesi di Dottrina della Razza Julius Evola
Metaphysics of War Julius Evola
Men Among the Ruins Julius Evola
Revolt Against the Modern World Julius Evola

Scholarly Works
Neither Right Nor Left: Fascist Ideology in France Zeev Sternhell
The Birth of Fascist Ideology Zeev Sternhell
The Nature of Fascism Roger Griffin
Modernism and Fascism Roger Griffin
International Fascism: Theories, Causes and the New Consensus Roger Griffin
Fascism, Totalitarianism, and Political Religion Roger Griffin

Works by Leaders
My Life Sir Oswald Mosley
My Rise and Fall Benito Mussolini
Doctrine of Fascism Benito Mussolini
Mein Kampf Adolf Hitler
Hitler's Second Book Adolf Hitler
The Myth of the Twentieth Century Alfred Rosenberg

Other Works
The Futurist Manifesto Filippo Marinetti
Constitution of the Free State of Fiume
Declaration of Verona

Related Works
The Leviathan Thomas Hobbes
The Prince Niccolo Machiavelli
Discourses on Livy Niccolo Machiavelli
The Social Contract Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Literature
Starship Troopers Robert Heinlein

I invite you all to contribute to the list. The list, as it stands at initial posting, was jotted down relatively quickly from memory. An immense number of works are missing. Please contribute. There are a lot of us here that have some scholarly background in fascism, and a condensed list of important works can be a resource for others on the forum, and ourselves in general to expand our knowledge of the fascist phenomenon. :)
Last edited by Fasces on 16 Aug 2010 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
By fuser
Mein Kampf Adolf Hitler

One of the most stupidest book ever. You "ll only make haters of fascism by referring that book.
By Fasces
I do not believe in denying the black marks of the past, simply because they are distasteful. While many fascists may not like it, Nazism is a clear part of the ideological family of fascism, and should be included in any list of works. If nothing else, Hitler's belief in Judaism as a 'spiritual' not 'natural' race is an idea worthy of examination, even if his hate is flawed. Hitler and Rosenberg's treatise on the establishment of a national myth, furthermore, is worthy of note due to the fact that the Nazi regime was among the most effective at putting it in place. Given the power of that concept, and its role as a fundamental tenant of all fascist ideology, it is worth including the works simply because of their mastery of it.
By starman2003
One of the most stupidest books ever.

:lol: Well, nowhere near as dumb as the bible. What bothers me about the list is the considerable age of the original, pro-fascist works. That's another turn-off for people in this century. We need something newer, something based on our times.
By Fasces
Yes, so you keep saying. Why not get around to doing it one of these days?
By starman2003
Unfortunately, I and the rest of us are practically limited to expressing views--whether new or old--online. What's needed is a book with new ideas, but who the hell would publish it? Not a regular trade publisher. The author of a recent POD book, Revealed! The Greatest UFO Secrets included many of my ideas and scenarios, but it's strictly for a future "inner circle." In contrast, Thompson's POD The Rise of the New American Patriots 2012-2100 represents a sort of propagandistic, public position for a hypothetical new movement.
By Preston Cole
There are also "To My Legionnaires," by Corneliu Zelea Codreanu, the Romanian fascist (there are actually several works published by Horia Sima, Codreanu's heir to the leadership of the Iron Guard, treating the subject of a fascist New Man, the meaning of Nationalism and other things, but they're specific to the Romanian pre-war setting); "The Last Will of a Russian fascist," by Konstantin Rodzaevsky, leader of the Russian Fascist Party; "The Coming Corporate State" by British Fascist, A. Raven Thomson; and Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera also wrote a series of poems dedicated to the Falangist cause, which I think are worth mentioning.
By Ombrageux
I read a little Heinlein recently. I found his vitriolic hatred of the Soviet Union to be really quite amazing considering some of the similarities with the State in Starship Troopers..
By telluro
Heinlein presented several utopic ideological views in his books. I doubt they reveal a lot about what his actual views where.

In The Moon is Harsh Mistress for example he presents a weird survivalist anarchism. Quite different from the scientific conservative statism of Starship Troopers.
By LetsTalkAboutIt
Unfortunately, I and the rest of us are practically limited to expressing views--whether new or old--online. What's needed is a book with new ideas, but who the hell would publish it? Not a regular trade publisher. The author of a recent POD book, Revealed! The Greatest UFO Secrets included many of my ideas and scenarios, but it's strictly for a future "inner circle." In contrast, Thompson's POD The Rise of the New American Patriots 2012-2100 represents a sort of propagandistic, public position for a hypothetical new movement.

Not outright like Mussolini or Marx, but a novel that presents the ideas (both old and new.) in a fictional fashion would more likely be published.
By Jackal
Very good reading list, thank you for this. I like to stray away from using "Fascist" literature and using radical right or revolutionary right, though, since not all of us necessarily agree with Fascist tendencies. However, that is to be discussed in the other thread. Just note, that I take things from a revolutionary right perspective and not a Fascist one.

I would recommend these websites to browse through:
www.freespeechproject.com
www.alternativeright.com
http://home.alphalink.com.au/~radnat/debenoist/
By starman2003
Not outright like Mussolini or Marx, but a novel that presents the ideas (both old and new.) in a fictional fashion would more likely be published.

Maybe one or more publishers will take an "outright" work in just a few years, if the system continues to screw up.
By Walter_Nowotny
You should consider distributionism and some works Chesterton and Belloc introduced on the matter. Though they aren't really that fascist, they do seem to exclaim at how it is the governments job to spread consumer goods as quick as possible to the population, which can be a fascist mindset in nature.
By starman2003
No, a real fascist/wholist system is sacrificial. It doesn't aim to spread consumer goods to the masses, but to channel the national wealth to state goals.
By Preston Cole
No, a real fascist/wholist system is sacrificial. It doesn't aim to spread consumer goods to the masses, but to channel the national wealth to state goals.

Agreed. I'd argue that distributism pays lip service to traditionalism, encouraging small private business as opposed to big corporations that utilize globalized capital. I'm against such an economic policy and prefer State Corporatism and big business--basically, because I think "market monopoly" isn't an inherently malignant term. Who's going to provide socialized healthcare, a stable output of mass foods, who's going to cooperate with the government? Thousands of tiny businesses? I don't think so.

Besides, distributism undermines the totalitarianism of the State.

It's not really a fascist concept, but it is definitely rooted in far-right nationalism.
By Walter_Nowotny
I know I love Corporatism, but the idea of the big corporations to spread goods to the public would strengthen the economy in a sense. Hitler and Mussolini had such policies, since most people think they fixed the economy with rearmament.
By Benjamin Noyles
Preston Cole wrote:Agreed. I'd argue that distributism pays lip service to traditionalism, encouraging small private business as opposed to big corporations that utilize globalized capital. I'm against such an economic policy and prefer State Corporatism and big business--basically, because I think "market monopoly" isn't an inherently malignant term. Who's going to provide socialized healthcare, a stable output of mass foods, who's going to cooperate with the government? Thousands of tiny businesses? I don't think so.

Besides, distributism undermines the totalitarianism of the State.

It's not really a fascist concept, but it is definitely rooted in far-right nationalism.

I am sorry but isn't a corporation in the 'fascist' sense supposed to be a confederation of economic actors organised in such a way as to utterly annihilate the presence of 'big buisness' to create (where there are no state run industries) a nation of small buisness owners/co-operatives. I think its pretty important to empahsise that centralised 'networking' is not exclusive to big buisness, This is why the corporate state was envisage to provide structure. if you don't do this you end uup with duel authority. There is also another reason we don't allow monopolies/cartels, because they are a bloody disaster economically not just because they greatly decrease net production but because when they collapse they bring the whole country to its knees. A public service is not a productive profit making industry. What you are advocvating sounds like we have now which is left wing capitalism where you have large corporations eating up public money to provide public services which has been done extensively in the transport, prison, education, agricultutal, ect sectors.

I wouldn't call it lip service either, its something most fascists you would care to mention got pretty sentimental about.
By Walter_Nowotny
It's just that distributionism is a third way economic policy, and mentioned in other words in fascist manuscripts. Fascist = for the people/nationalistic for the state too. But to make the state run don't you think we should spread consumer goods? :S
By starman2003
But to make the state run don't you think we should spread consumer goods?

:lol: Generally the greatest statist systems of the last century limited availability of consumer goods to maximize output of state goods, from tanks to space probes. To an extent, a regime may try to raise living standards--or at least alleviate the economic distress which caused its advent-- to gain support. But basically, the Whole "runs" best if it receives priority, not the individual.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]