Clearing up the confusion over "corporatism" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
American writer Michael Lind has an interesting article about the "term" corporatism and the different ways various ideological groups use the term.

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/05/the_cor ... e_retired/

Lind argues that the term has been used to describe so many different and sometimes contradictory things that it has rendered the word "corporatism" meaningless and that his own ideological comrades (left-liberal progressives) should abandon the term.

I wanted to see what folks here thought of this article and about the term "corporatism" and its various meanings and uses by different groups.
I must admit, I did find myself very confused when the Paternalism subforum changed to the Corporatism subforum. I had always seen Corporatism through the eyes of it's wiki article, which tends to reflect an economy position, rather than the Fascist Corporatism which was more interested in establishing a social structure of the state. I don't suppose someone from the moderator team might be able to tell me why we have gone with the Fascist definition, and not the more common Social Democratic?

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]