Was Julius Evola A Fascist? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
taxizen wrote:non-religious education for all children.

....ever more anti-religious provision

Non-religious does not mean anti-religious.

That's a narrative I have heard before but I don't buy it. The great rise in atheism occurred in countries where atheist teaching was propagated on a massive scale through compulsory, totally tax subsidised universal education.

What hogwash! Public schools haven't been teaching atheism. Not mentioning religion does not mean opposing it. Parents are free to teach religion to their kids; the State does not object. This is so silly and paranoid--if public schools were really teaching atheism, instead of being neutral, there would've been such an outcry so long ago...the public schools would've long ago lost the bulk of students.
Btw the rise of atheism does not correlate with the advent of public education. As recently as 1964, long after public education began, the number of catholic priests peaked. The precipitous decline since has been due largely to increased scientific awareness of the kind fostered by Sagan and Dawkins.

What religious institution using voluntary, fee or donation funded education could compete with that?

They don't have to compete because public schools are neutral on the religion issue.

Atheism scored because it managed to buy or otherwise win the backing of the state.

More paranoid garbage. How many politicians have run on an atheistic platform...many have claimed to be religious....

Atheism is defacto state religion for many countries.

It hasn't been since the fall of communism, though that may change greatly at some point in the future.
starman2003 wrote:Non-religious does not mean anti-religious.

It is the same in practice. Any ideology gains its largest most secure supply of followers from the indoctrination of the young. Training the young to be "non-religious" is the same as training them to be "not religious" which is only hair's width away from training them to be atheist.
starman2003 wrote: What hogwash! Public schools haven't been teaching atheism. Not mentioning religion does not mean opposing it. Parents are free to teach religion to their kids; the State does not object. This is so silly and paranoid--if public schools were really teaching atheism, instead of being neutral, there would've been such an outcry so long ago...the public schools would've long ago lost the bulk of students.
Btw the rise of atheism does not correlate with the advent of public education. As recently as 1964, long after public education began, the number of catholic priests peaked. The precipitous decline since has been due largely to increased scientific awareness of the kind fostered by Sagan and Dawkins.

Public schools have been teaching the absence of religion which is the same as teaching atheism. There is no neutrality. Some parents will try to pass on their religion despite the school system to which they are practically forced to submit but their children will face the stark reality that the government through its schools has the power to compel them and their parents and not the other way around thus the government's schools and its athiesm is stronger and more powerful. Nobody loves a loser. The choice they make between not-religious and religious will be tilted to the more powerful voice.
starman2003 wrote: More paranoid garbage. How many politicians have run on an atheistic platform...many have claimed to be religious....

They do because they want to be elected. What a politician does after he is elected is always something else though.
Atheism is defacto state religion for many countries.

starman2003 wrote:It hasn't been since the fall of communism, though that may change greatly at some point in the future.

I said defacto not nominal. The communist countries had athiesm as their state religion overtly. The public school countries have atheism as their defacto state religion. "Separation of Church and State" is an example of a doctrine that is defacto state atheism.

Look the race should go to the swift and battle to the strong. Atheism has been on a winning streak for the past century and half, the public school system was the winning gambit. So your team have been winning because they were the stronger and swifter. I have no problem with that, I just don't see why you need to pretend athiests weren't playing and that the win was an accident.
taxizen wrote:Training the young to be "non-religious" is the same as training them to be "not religious"

But public schools don't train kids to be "non-religious." If a kid is religious they don't have a problem with it; they don't persecute him.

Public schools have been teaching the absence of religion which is the same as teaching atheism.

There are lots of things they don't teach. Many kids don't learn about human evolution or cosmic evolution either (I don't recall being taught that in school) because holy joe parents would object. Science is winning and religion is waning because people are beginning to realize the latter isn't true, despite lack of indoctrination.

They do because they want to be elected. What a politician does after he is elected is always something else though.
..... "Separation of Church and State" is an example of a doctrine that is defacto state atheism.

Many presidents have been seen going to church.

Atheism has been on a winning streak for the past century and half, the public school system was the winning gambit. So your team have been winning because they were the stronger and swifter. I have no problem with that, I just don't see why you need to pretend athiests weren't playing and that the win was an accident.

I'm glad we agree atheism is winning but it isn't due to public schools.
Julius Evola - LIndividuo Assoluto

Anyone who considers himself RRRRR:
should read the great Julius Evola.
He is one of our foundation stones.

For Evola, the rot started circa 850 BC.
That is where it all started.
Tribes becoming City States.

City States warring.
The great White fratricide begins.
City States becoming Nation States.

Nation States warring.
Ever more torrents of White blood.
A never ending fratricide.

Imperium as the solution.
Imperium of Regions and Peoples.
Imperium Europa

Imperium
Michaellog wrote:Imperium as the solution.
Imperium of Regions and Peoples.
Imperium Europa

I favor political unification and elimination of nation states. But no recent European state has done it on a lasting basis, nor should it be limited to Europe.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why would you Americans care? It's important t[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]