Your favourite Fascist philosophers/authors - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I'd say there has been a cross-fertilization of ideas of what is already a somewhat syncretic and pragmatic after all ideology. To me, 'Fascism' is the 'traditionalist' 'body' after it's been attacked by the Modernist sickness, now immune after it's antibodies have kicked in. I understand that traditional societies have had to have had something wrong with them in order to have been so profoundly effected by the rising tide of atheism and secular modernity, and i'm sure Dugin and his ilk do too. Even when I read Evola, I feel he's too ambiguous, and other times he lets to much out of the bag. Dugin I must admit comes off a little muddleheaded.

I'm tending, at least in the economic sphere, towards National Bolshevism/Strasserism in my thinking, the more I read in this area, the more Leftist end of Fascism.
Of course, ignorance and obsolesence made them vulnerable.

In the past, so-called 'civilised' societies had an advantage over so-called 'barbaric' societies, and were never reluctant to take advantage of this. Interestingly, in the 19th and 20th centuries, modernity gave the same sort of advantage, so that civilisations which had entered modernity were able to overwhelm other civilisations - some of them thousands of years old - which had not entered modernity. Imperial China is a good example. The advent of modernity in the 19th century was therefore as significant an event, strategically and historically speaking, as the advent of civilisation itself about four or five millennia previously. Just as societies back then had to become civilised or died (or be subjugated forever), civilisations in the 19th and 20th centuries had to modernise or die (or be subjugated forever).
Potemkin wrote:In the past, so-called 'civilised' societies had an advantage over so-called 'barbaric' societies, and were never reluctant to take advantage of this. Interestingly, in the 19th and 20th centuries, modernity gave the same sort of advantage,

The key difference was that modern civilized societies were far ahead technologically. Roman soldiers tended to be somewhat better equipped than barbarians, but their real edge was in organization and tactics, not weaponry. In fact they even copied some things from barbarians like Spanish swords and the draconarius (I won't point to the ultimate fate of the western empire since the barbarians just exploited a by-then effete state). Compare that to European armies vs Africans in the 19th century.

so that civilisations which had entered modernity were able to overwhelm other civilisations - some of them thousands of years old - which had not entered modernity. Imperial China is a good example.

Sure the Treaty of Nanking 1842.
Besides owing most of its roots to the philosophy of Georges Sorel, Fascism considered itself strongly anti-intellectual, but it was not anti-philosophical and attracted philosophers to the movement such as Giovanni Gentile (who was an important literary figure in Italy with his friend Benedetto Croce) and Alfredo Rocco who laid down the foundations for a 'Fascist philosophy.' the former was even called on by Mussolini to write the Doctrine of Fascism with him, and later wrote Genesis and Structure of Society which defended his viewpoints. He wrote extensively on Fascism and imbued it with philosophical elements from Rosseau to Hegel and Mazzini.

Granted it would be inaccurate to consider Spengler or Junger "Fascists," they were part of the conservative tradition. There might be some similarities between their thought and Fascism, but that does not equate them being Fascist.
Adolf Hitler`s "Mein Kampf", the party version with the Propaganda/PR instructions and thoughts. (The book is anyway made to brainwash, so be carefull reading it)
Last edited by Bosnjak on 25 Oct 2016 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
Tewodros III wrote:The first one: Marcus Gravey "We were the first Fascists, when we had 100,000 disciplined men, and were training children, Mussolini was still an unknown. Mussolini copied our Fascism. "

Mussolini copied the Fascism of Italian poet Gabriele D'Annunzio, both most likely never even heard of Garvey.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]