I renounce modern politics-I guess i'm a Monarchist - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
That is very unlikely in the constitutional monarchies. Taking the UK for example: the monarchy consistently enjoys 80% approval by the general public since almost forever and still higher approval amongst the soldiery (in part because many royals have served in the military and maintain extensive associations with members of the military). The Monarch retains all the formal powers to disband parliament. All this means that even if an "elite group" within the army took it upon themselves to make a new regime, their only chance of succeeding would be to have the monarch's backing.

Indeed. As an example, there was an attempted fascist coup in Spain soon after Franco's death. They even fired shots in Parliament and took Spanish MPs hostage and everything. The attempted coup collapsed ignominiously when King Juan Carlos refused to back them.

Link: 23-F
taxizen wrote:That is very unlikely in the constitutional monarchies. Taking the UK for example: the monarchy consistently enjoys 80% approval by the general public since almost forever

Doesn't mean they want actual rule by a monarch. Maybe in a few places monarchical backing is essential. Mussolini had it. But the coup leaders will have control of the state.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tell it to all the "it's all the same" […]

Muscovites always seem to get offended by the […]

Kiev fell apart, so they moved to Moscow , which […]

https://twitter.com/iamdenya_de/status/17700095631[…]