Fascists, I am curious - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Saeko
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, they are.

To be an agent of action requires volition. Abstract concepts do not have volition.

I'm not sure what you mean by "volition", but the only thing required of an agent to be an agent is that it be capable of choosing among alternatives. An abstract concept can certainly have "volition".

This does not compare to the situation we are discussing. I suggest you stop using comparisons and examples and focus on the mechanics of gov't power.

In concrete terms of gov't power, the position of Prime Minister has power associated with it, but it has no power in and of itself. The person who fills the role of PM is the person who actually wields the power.

So which Congressman passes all the laws?
Saeko wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "volition", but the only thing required of an agent to be an agent is that it be capable of choosing among alternatives. An abstract concept can certainly have "volition".

volition means "will". Abstract concepts have no will and cannot make choices.

So which Congressman passes all the laws?

Those who draft, propose, debate, and vote on them.
By Saeko
Pants-of-dog wrote:
volition means "will". Abstract concepts have no will and cannot make choices.

There is no such thing as "will".

Those who draft, propose, debate, and vote on them.

"Those who draft, propose, debate, and vote on them." is an abstract concept, which, according to you, is not an agent and so cannot actually pass laws.
Since you can see, hear, smell, touch and taste congress people, they are obviously not abstract. They are, instead, biological beings. And like all biological organisms, they have will.
No such thing as free will. We are genetically programmed machines, biologically predisposed to react to outside stimuli in a manner consistent with our genetic makeup.

No such thing as morality. There is only strong and weak, superior and inferior (in relation to survival).

Inferior human specimens fail to grasp this truth. They lack the necessary components.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]