Prussism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Bosnjak
1872 established German Empire, under the lead of Prussia.

Parliamentary Monarchy, with 3 levels of voting depending of Tax-payment.

Germany got with this system the leading innovation power, (80% of worlds chemical industry f.e.)

Some describe it as military with society, not as society with military.

The power climb lead to competition with established powers like Britain, France, and Russia... which ended in WW1

The 3 class voting system lead to internal disunity.

What is your opinion?
By Patrickov
Bosnjak wrote:1872 established German Empire, under the lead of Prussia.

Parliamentary Monarchy, with 3 levels of voting depending of Tax-payment.

Germany got with this system the leading innovation power, (80% of worlds chemical industry f.e.)

Some describe it as military with society, not as society with military.

The power climb lead to competition with established powers like Britain, France, and Russia... which ended in WW1

The 3 class voting system lead to internal disunity.

What is your opinion?

I haven't heard "Military with society", though with the militaristic nature of the pre-unification Prussian history (starting with Teutonic Knights), I don't find it surprising.

Voting wasn't in their maturity back then, and in fact the 3 class system was found in France before the Revolution (I mean the États généraux).
Their histories helped prove that explicitly dividing the people into classes simply doesn't work, and even if it ought to be done, a more subtle way is needed.

Prussism, if it exists, was just one of the social experiments in or from Germany (Communism and Nazism were two of the others; while Protestantism was something before it)

Unfortunately, all these experiments (Prostestant, Prussism, Communism, Nazism...) ultimately led to chaos in the entire world for the next 200 years. (Even the current melancholy of Hong Kong can be attributed to something from Britain [HK] vs something from Germany [Communist China])

Which somewhats make me feel complex, as Germany seems to have completed its voyage, and I do admire Germany as a nation and culture.
By noemon
Voting by class and tax income is what all democratic systems begun from and all modern democracies had it at some point, except for the brand new countries who were founded the past century. It was so in Athens and Rome of old, though Athens abandoned it on the 5BCE and that is the reason she is being celebrated as amazing, she gave suffrage to all classes though not the right to be elected everywhere. The other city-states also had democratic systems but none ever abolished the class system, except for Athens. PM and General of Armed Forces were retained for the richest as only they could afford it since they had to pay for the armies they commanded.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]