Why are you monarchist? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Oxymandias
I would like to know the thought process behind monarchists. I would like to know the benefits of a monarchy and why people still are monarchists. I would also, if you could, like if you could describe to me what would be if you could create a monarchy and how it would function, how it would be organized, etc.
By h3s
The chain of command would be significantly shorter, meaning that the monarch would get things done in a more succinct, and smooth fashion.

The body of the argument behind monarchism, for most people, comes from the fact that some people should not have a say in the governing of the country. There are leaders, and there are followers. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what should be eaten for dinner.

The main problem with monarchism in my eyes is the introduction of it to a democratic society, for how would the monarch be "elected"?
h3s wrote:The chain of command would be significantly shorter, meaning that the monarch would get things done in a more succinct, and smooth fashion.

But as a form of authoritarianism, monarchy is antiquated. In modern times, dictatorship is the only real alternative to democracy.

The body of the argument behind monarchism, for most people, comes from the fact that some people should not have a say in the governing of the country.

To put it mildly...

The main problem with monarchism in my eyes is the introduction of it to a democratic society, for how would the monarch be "elected"?

There's no way a monarch can come to power now. This is not the middle ages when "power granted by god" was believed. The proper basis of authoritarianism is secular ideology -- rationality, not superstition.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]