Why monarchism is flawed - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By einstein
There is a chance that the king is an evil one and he will tax the country to death, what then, Revolution? Of course there will be some who want to keep this king (rich, and those bribed by the rich to fight for them) and this will start a civil war, a war. This will mean that many people will lose their lives, where in democracy you could vote him off.
He might go to war with too many countries at once thus the destruction of the nation.
He might be too left winged and not tax people and then the country will be in a third world state
The first point is a valid concern, and realistically, revolution is the only way out. In a democracy, however, assuming he raised taxes at the start of his term, of say four years, you still have to suffer through four years of taxes. At least in a Monarchy, you can just revolt, instead of waiting so bloody long. I don't see points two or three as strictly limited to Monarchy's, as any world leader can have too many wars on the go, or not tax enough. (And isn't it usaully the right wing that taxes less?)
By einstein
about the taxes thing, i just guessed thats all :knife:
By Simon Ostap
Obviously Johnathon Locke's contract theory is what we need in all forms of government to curb the actions of dubious politicians.

It basically states that if the king violates certain constitutional rules, the people are justified, and encouraged to overthrow the corrupt rule. This is of course only valuable in this situation if the king's raising of taxes is indeed a legitimate reason to revolt- IE: if the raising taxes caused large masses of the serfs to starve.

In fact, I think I've heard that essentially the purpose of the States 2nd amendment. According to a friend of mine it's less a right to bear arms, and more a right to revolt against oppressive government.

Either way, all forms of government are flawed in the same way that you blamed monarchy.

Monarchy's main flaw is the positions are unjustifiable, and it tends to create a terrible class gap.
By Lucifer
As simon said, all forms of government are flawed.... But in defence of a monarchy, look at what the british empire acheved in the 17th,18th and 19th centuries.... Making it one of the worlds richest colonial powers.... not that i'm condonong imperialism though >:

If you go that way then you go into crazy racist […]

Neither Harris nor Clinton would do anything for […]

My position has always been very clear. Ukraine s[…]

BRICS will fail

@paeng The BRICS have the ressources and the f[…]