fascist books - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Jesse
I would recommend Inside the Third Reich by Albert Speer, as well as The Doctrine of Fascism by Benito Mussolini. As well as The Politics: On the Lacedaemonian Constitution by Aristotle. This last one analysed, in elaborate depth, the Spartan system of governement.

The problem with purchasing books from a shop, or borrowing them from a library is the American definition of fascism - whch invariably leads to silly little racist gun-nuts in the woods wearing bedsheets. This is incorrect. I cannot recommend enough books by Speer, or also another book by a German named Joachim Fest. He's written several books on the effectiveness of authoritarianism, but also, using the Third Reich as a study, shown the fatal flaws encompassed within.

On another note,The Wave by Todd Strasser. It is the novelisation of real events in California, in the '70s, about a high-school teacher, who, in an attempt to educate his students about the apparent 'dangers' of unity, dscipline and community, creates a youth-group called The Wave, which grows, naturally, due to its appealing message. NB: The book attempts to demonify these great virtues, as it is written in the liberalistic style typical to American education in the 80s.

I hope this helps, and you've jogged my memory - I'll add an essay about the Wave onto the compendium in short order.
By U-235
thanks jesse, you are wealth a knowledge :)
I shall attempt to gain these book at the local library, hopefully are'nt gun wheeling wacos woking at chapters north of the 49th parallel *gulp* :eek:
hehehe i made a pun while misspelling a word
By Truth-a-naut
I shall attempt to gain these book at the local library, hopefully are'nt gun wheeling wacos woking at chapters north of the 49th parallel *gulp*

Those type aren't to interested in that sort of stuff, they have they're Anne Coulter to read and Wives to punch out.
By U-235
Goldstein wrote:
I shall attempt to gain these book at the local library, hopefully are'nt gun wheeling wacos woking at chapters north of the 49th parallel *gulp*

Those type aren't to interested in that sort of stuff, they have they're Anne Coulter to read and Wives to punch out.

sisters to...well you get the point :lol:
By malachi151
Jesse wrote:That article seems to be of some value - after re-reading it in full to make sure the content is correct, accurate and intelligent in full, would you like it added to the list of "Recommended Reading to understand Authortarianism"? http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2914

Sure. I fix typoes it in from time to time when they are brought to my attention.

@FiveofSwords In previous posts, you have sai[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]