Understanding Platonism & Dictatorship - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Understanding Platonism and Dictatorship

By Jesse

Welcome to our forum! Here we discuss and advocate the advantages of societies which value some generally authoritarian and non-mainstream points. Member opinions vary widely, but common trends are meritocracy, the failure of democracy, rule by the few, a strong state, global governance, the ends justifying the means, the failures of liberalism, the people's obligation to the state, etc.

Due to the radical nature of these ideologies (Platonism, Fascism, Monarchism, Totalism/Wholism and Theism to name but a few) they are often misunderstood and there exist many misconceptions about them. As most, if not all, the other ideologies given forums here are reasonably self-explanatory, it has been deemed necessary to explain what exactly we desire our future to look like.

These misconceptions plague respectable and legitimate authoritarians like nothing else. I myself have fought against the negative connotains that surround the concept of fascism. My personal beliefs do not entail anti-semitism or racism, and this is true of many who desire a unified society.

We want a world in which we all labour and struggle side by side, with iron discipline and virtuous minds. We want a world in which the leaders are responsible, and wield their authority with justice and reason. We want a world in which order is kept and the youth are bred to lead. We want a world we can be proud of.

However, there exist printed works which helped form our beliefs. Therefore, for your enlightment, we have assembled a list of written works, available at most libraries and bookshops, and a list of online essays that explain, argue for, and display the values of our ideologies.

Read, learn, and you will be able to better understand that we're not Nazis here. Rather, we want the same things you do, save our means will actually accomplish the ends!

A Brief Note Concerning Racism
The forum rules prohibit advocacy of racist ideology and practise on this forum, as well as the rest of PoliticsForum.org. If you wish to discuss Nazism outside of a strictly political standpoint, I encourage you to do so in the History forum. Historical debates about Nazism, Fascism, etc. should be placed in the history section. If you hold racist beliefs, that is your prerogitive, but you may not espouse them here. Some authoritarian/totalitarian ideologies contain opinions which may be misconstrued as or even argued to be racist; if in doubt, please elaborate on your points and try to provide some non-racial logic.

Example:
Acceptable: "I believe we should separate into various ethnic nations based on our cultural heritage and values. I feel that attempts to combine the cultural values of these different societies results in friction and ultimately hurts everyone."
Unacceptable: "We should kick the Jews out of our society. All they care about is money and power, and they have no place in our state."
Notice that one example isn't actually concerned with race, but rather things like value and culture, whereas the other is based on nothing but a racial stereotype.

Recommended Reading [ Books ]

The Doctrine of Fascism by Benito Mussolini
The Republic by Plato
The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
The Trouble with Democracy by William Gairdner
Levithian by Thomas Hobbes

Recommended Reading [ Essays ]

http://wholism.8m.com/about/index.htm

The Theory and Practice of Oligarchial Collectivism by George Orwell
http://khomeini.hypermart.net/hukumat/