Talonism part IV - The Structure of the Government - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I don't know how much response this will garner consideringt the response to Part III, but here it goes ...

Part IV - THE GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE

Talonism is a philosophy that rejects democratic processes, because they are slow, inefficient, and it ussually ends up with the idiotic electing the corrupt. Talonism is a meritocratic government, with experts in various fields making decisions, not politicians with personal interests. The embodiment of this principle is vested within two entities : the Supreme National Leader and his Private Council ( consisting of trusted advisors ), and the Grande Talonist Council.

The GTC could be described as a unicameral legislative body, but this is incorrect. Instead, it is really more like many sub-councils, ranging from very small councils to absolutely huge councils. Each sub-council controlls one function in the State, and the people in these sc's must be trained experts in their respective fields. The Sub-councils only vote on issues pertaining to them, and nothing more ( engineers don't get to vote if we go to war, for example ).

Why is this so ? Well, think about it : why should scientists be setting military policy, and why would a soldier decide economic policies ? They shouldn't, but in many parliamentary governments throughout the world, this is the case. To be honest, the actual world-wide situation is much worst, because such experts do not exist in current legislative bodies, only bickering politicians. Talonism elimanates this pointlessness. In fact, Talonism elimanates many of the ineffeciencies of modern politics, including political parties ( what point for Parties if it is the best people that serve in the government, not just best and most popular Party members ? )

Unfortunately, even a perfect legislative body can break down into utter chaos if order is not instilled. Thus the Supreme National Leader, whose purpose is the following :

* To be a symbol of the State and a embodiment of the Talonist philosophy, so that the Citizens of the Nation will be inspired to accomplish Greatness.

* In emergencies, to assume complete controll of the Nation. This allows for instantaneous decision-making at crucial times.

* to insure that the GTC operates smoothly and that the decision making process is swift.

* To represent the Nation in foreign countries, and to negotiate with other foreign powers.

* Veto power over the GTC, but not if a resolution passes with more than 66% of a sc's vote. This only insures that resolutions without a lot of support are reviewed thoroughly by the Experts on the GTC. He may not veto a second time if it passes again.

The SNL is also guided by a private council of the government's elite experts. This is only to insure that he is as informed as possible when making his decisons.

As for day to day operations, those will be vested in local Governors, picked by the SNL and approved by the GTC. These offices deal with day to day issues, such as driver's licenses and things not all that critical to National issues. There will also be mayors and city councils of course, but these must be approved by the Regional Governor.

I hope that explains it a little bit further. My last entry in this series will be entitles " Talonism part V - 'The Ultimate Goals' " which will deal with what the Talonist State hopes to accomplish. It may also include a dictionary of various Talonist terms that I have used or created .

Peace out :D
By Necro99
omg!
YOU ARE TURNING ME IN A FACHIST!!!!!
OMGZ!!!

j/k

It all sounds very good and well-put.
How would the state deal with dangerous criminals and terrorists?
By Generalissimo Talonius
Well, I explained a little bit of that in a previous post, but since that post, I have revised it significantly ...

All crime and punishment laws will be dealt with by the Justice Sub-Council. There is no jury system in Talonism : trained judges will handle that, as the average person is to easily tricked by fancy lawyers. The lawyers only purpose in this system is to insure a smooth, fair trial. As for actual punishment ...

My original system was somewhat over-harsh, but I do believe prisoners should not recieve that same living conditions as the average middle class person ( as is the case in the USA ). However, some crimes are too minor to punish seriously, and some crimes really are accidents. Therefor, I have created a system with 10 grades of punishment.

In this system, a Grade I Crime is the most minor, which could range from petty theft to traffic violations. This is punished with fines and possible public service and/or humiliation.

Grade X is for the most serious crimes, and is punished with a Gulag like labour-system, except much, much harsher, and the sentence is for the prisoners entire life. These criminals include rapists, murderers, and traitours ( the highest crime in Talonism is treason, because it is like murdering the entire Nation ). Grades II - IX get progressively more severe.

I hope that explains more. Also, all police activity is handled by the military. It is just inefficient to have multiple police forces that essentially do the same think.

Join the Dark Side Necro ... it is your DESTINY !
By ZenWilsonian
I must say after reading these four articles that the ideology of talonism is absolutely fantastic. I've always seen the same problems with democracy. I think perhaps when I'm old enough i will start a talonist party here in the UK.
By Proctor
Did you used to be called ZenStalinist?

I gotta say its interesting. I think its freaky as hell, and the original (beat up crims all day long version) was over the top, but it seems to be coming along nicely. That doesn't mean I would want to live in a state run like that...
By Sheep...
It just seems so simple... "Talonism" personally seems generic, I see nothing Evolutionary about it, its just there. This is just standard totalitarian logic complimented with its usual share of beaucracy and militancy.
By Wilhelm
Have you ever heard about how Sparta was run? Yesterday I saw a documentary and found it interesting except for some things.

What I found interesting:
- There were two kings elected by a high council.
- The memebers of that council were 5, but they only had 1 year terms.
- The tyw kings existed so to not give too much power to one of them. Both of them made decisions.
- Then there were the Spartans, who just did evertyhing the rulers told them to.
- The Spartans had all equal property.
- Sparta managed to be self-sufficient so as to not have to import/export
- Sparta was isolated from all foreign affairs.

What I didn't like:
- There were the hilotes. They were inferior to Spartans, and were the people on which Sparta's economy ran. They were killed daily by Spartans. They were oppressed people.
- When a child was not seen fit to be in the army, he would be killed. Sparta used eugenics.
By Sheep...
- When a child was not seen fit to be in the army, he would be killed. Sparta used eugenics

And the moral to this? well is sparta around today? ;)
By Adrien
On PoFo probably never since Talon left, but i think he left the name of the forum he is on now, so find his last message and you should find the fifth part.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]