Optimism? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
By ahab
The boat is twice as big as it needs to be.
By Yeddi
its not seaworthy. :roll:
The problem with the age old question "IS the glass half full or half empty" is that for me it depends where i'm coming from... if i'm filling the glass up adn stop half way, its half full. if i'm emptying the glass and i stop half way, its half empty.

But as this is a thread about optimism and optimists i can tell you that i am not, a definate pessimist i am.
Pessimistic-Cynical-Depressive-Commie Spy. thats what some friendly people at school call me. :hmm:
By Boondock Saint
Doesnt really matter ...

Either way it needs more in it.
By Proctor
Maybe I should clarify. Its a take off of the 'glass' test, where if you think it is half full you are an optimist, and if you think it is half empty you are a pessimist.

By using a boat rather than a glass, if the boat is half full of water, this would be a bad thing, and half empty is a good thing, so the roles are reversed. Sort of.
By grinner
Both. Half is one half of each mathmaticly.
Optomism does play a part in our daily lives though. A positive aura is seen and felt by all and we reciee positive feedback from that. Sometimes in the form of a smile from a stranger, sometimes from a client who would have otherwise gone elsewhere and somtimes with physical affction. Optomism plays a role in all of that. Smiles and laughter are contagous. Frowns are as well.

Please provide a link to where the paper by the UN[…]

I respect the hustle. But when it comes to FAFSA […]

'State of panic' as Putin realises he cannot wi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]