Truth - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
By Yeddi
Personally i think that the truth is out there, but mulder will never find it because the truth can never be known by anyone.
When you see, hear, smell, etc. it is all YOUR perception, the truth is there but not one person can ever understand it or get it, they are all just shades of the truth... adn some just straight out lies.
By MB.
How profound. I think my brain exploded trying to comprehend your superior grasp of the absurd. Why not take it like a man?

The truth *is* out there. Most of us know it. If you don't it's becuase your a pillock.

Well? How does it feel now? Pillock!

:lol:
By Yeddi
What the hell is a pillock, canuk?

I'm merely stating that as soonas you "know" something it immediately has a bias, because its your view. Oh yes 'the truth is out there. *X-Files music plays* but so are lies'

*Boondock show reference warning*
By MB.
Well...

I mean you are correct when reffering to an *idea* (ie, the concept of something) which, yes, will basically always be baisd and thus 'untrue'. But what about when you're dealing with a simple (or unversally excepted) topic- like, say, who won the second world war... the allies- all kind of piddiling BS can get thrown in there but the out come will always be the same.
By Boondock Saint
Did the allies win the war?

Did they?

Tell me ... aside from the US what nation has been teh wealthiest nation in the world post WWII?

As for the 'truth' being out there ... there is no truth, there is nothing. We are nothing, nothing is everything, everything is nothing.

Do not waste time on pondering nothing or everything for it is one in the same ... if you must make an effort to do something ... I suggest you get laid.
By Sepé Tiaraju
The way to get the truth is the same way we walk to get the real love, the real freedom, the real charity. As Kardec said, the "moral education".

And it was also debunked.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]