The AntiChrist - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
By Comrade Ogilvy
The one who denies that Christ is the son of God, our savior and our King, he is the antichrist, or the antichrist speaks through him..

Do you eat rotten shark?
By AmesMedio
Question for you guys....do you see the coming of the Antichrist within your lifetimes? If so, are you happy or sad about the prospect?

The reason I ask is this. I think that there are some innate desires that human beings have that are unchanging from the dawn of time. One desire is for a certain mythos that will guide us ethically and cosmologically (Read Joseph Campbell, or watch The Power of Myth).
The second can be related to this or separate depending on the mythological structure of the individual in his society. The second is a desire for something unknown, something monumentous, to happen within a person's lifetime. I believe this desire is responsible for crazes such as the Inquisition, the Millenarianists (of 999AD and 1999) and our favorite, the UFO believers.
Each belief structure usually incorporates the believer into a historically significant set of events. Millenarianists were sure that the world was going to end in 999, and then sure again in 1999. Metaphysics aside, I'm sure we can all agree they were wrong. Similarly, UFO proponents are almost unanimous in a desire for some sort of historical deus ex machina, whether it be good or bad. Aliens must exist and be technologically, spiritually, and ethically superior to us, or aliens exist and are poised to invade the earth (I realize this is a huge generalization, but bear with me).
There are significant points to be made here. The 'innate desire' that I tried to pin down earlier is present throughout human history. A doctrinal religion can fulfill this. I believe this is probably the biggest source of religions' power. Ideology can also be a factor, thus the strange devotion to communism that many develop. As a professor of mine once said "In college, I traded the religion of Catholicism for the religion of Communism." Finally, look at physics' attempt to find a grand unification theory, and tell me that doesn't sound familiar.
So how does this fit in with the Antichrist? The majority of myth/ideological structures predict some sort of event that will see their structure winning out over all others. In Buddhism, this could be seen as the eventual creation of the Buddha-nature within everyone. In Communism...well..guess. In Christianity, the end comes when the Antichrist rises on earth and plays out the final battle between Heaven and Hell. The Revelations, written poetically and poetically written in a cave on the island of Patmos, are typical of many cultures' apocalyptic mythology.
So far in this post, I've written the kind of academic rhetoric that I really don't like. "OK, Ames thanks for the sermon," etc etc. That being said, let me temper the preaching a bit and tell you about how I fulfill my innate desire.
I think that the human being is the ultimate creative force in the universe. What we don't understand, we struggle to define through religion, politics, art and every other mode of human expression. The desire to bring order to our world, to our lives, creates within itself an order of creative beauty.
The universe exists in its own way, the stars move in their positions, because we have created rules and systems to define their movements. In an infinite universe, there are infinite possibilities. Therefor any belief system we create is possible, any technology we imagine is possible. God exists in our works, because we will it so. That in and of itself is the highest form of beauty, and immortality, that we can hope to achieve.
By smashthestate
FascistDictator wrote:Yea Buck your wrong, Protestants believe that its the Salvation of your soul and faith that get you to heaven. I'm not sure what Catholics believe in exactly, but i know that Mormons believe that good deeds alone can get you to heaven.

It's simple people!

"Repent, and thou shall be saved."
By Havren
Rickshaw wrote:
The one who denies that Christ is the son of God, our savior and our King, he is the antichrist, or the antichrist speaks through him..

Do you eat rotten shark?

Nope. But I do eat brown goat-cheese (geitost), lots of fish (sild, torsk ++), rotten salmon(gravlaks), duck (and) and rabbit (kanin). Rotten Shark (råtten haifisk) is for icelandic people, our brothers.
By pheared
Freedom wrote:I've read Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy,Ezekial,Zechariah and Malachi all from the Old Testement.

From the New Testement Ive read: Mathew, Mark, Luke and John. All of Pauls Letters, Jude, the letters of John and Revelations.

Look how big my penis is!

Seriously, that comes off as some sort of lame contest.
By pheared
Freedom wrote:I'd consider myself a very bad Christian. I'm a sinner, but i confess and pray. But still i'm a bad Christian in many ways.

What was the difference between this and indulgences? I'm a bad person but I buy my way into heaven by going to confession and putting money in the collection plate. I only confess because it is prescribed; I'd rather not learn from my experiences.

I know a few so-called "Catholics" who go to mass, confess their sins, the whole nine yards, but then live their lives like reckless inconsiderate idiots and get to believe that it's all OK because they do the "I love god" stuff so they'll be safe.

They're just kidding themselves.
By Freedom

No i will not...unfortunately for you...i do not go around looking at how big other mens penises are...

Seriously, that comes off as some sort of lame contest

The question was put and i answered it...whether or not you think it is lame that i have judged something on the basis of actually having some knowledge of it, is really irrelevant and moreso telling of your character...please do not respond to a thread with utterly irrelevant, offensive dribel and go read the forum rules buddy.
By Havren
Blessed be the man who read those books. Tell others what you read, and teach them.
By pheared
Freedom wrote:

No i will not...unfortunately for you...i do not go around looking at how big other mens penises are...

Seriously, that comes off as some sort of lame contest

The question was put and i answered it...whether or not you think it is lame that i have judged something on the basis of actually having some knowledge of it, is really irrelevant and moreso telling of your character...please do not respond to a thread with utterly irrelevant, offensive dribel and go read the forum rules buddy.

I was characterizing the way the conversation was going in a purposefully outlandish way for effect. Sorry if you took it personally. I didn't mean to suggest that you looked at penises.
By Freedom
Well i usually keep my religious beliefs and feelings to myself and it looks like i will from now on...anyway I accept your apology.
By Buck Williams
AmesMedio wrote:Question for you guys....do you see the coming of the Antichrist within your lifetimes? If so, are you happy or sad about the prospect?

No one knows when the 7 years of tribulation will come. I myself would like it to happen in my lifetime. Though many people will die and many horrible things will happen, the 7 years are not meant to be a punishment. It is God's way of getting our attention. It gives you another chance to accept Christ as your Lord and Savior. Also after the 7 years comes the 1000 year rule of Christ on the Earth.
By Truth-a-naut
If God created all, then he must have created the anti-christ right?
So then it would be a punishment.
By Buck Williams
Goldstein wrote:If God created all, then he must have created the anti-christ right?
So then it would be a punishment.

God didn't create the Anti-Christ, Satan did. God is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Satan is the beast, the false prophet, and satan. (I know the anti-christ is the false prophet but who's the beast?)
By Buck Williams
pheared wrote:Who created Satan?

Satan was orginally one of the Archangles. However he became jelous of God and wanted to be Worshiped too. God saw this and basished him from Heaven into hell.
By Buck Williams
Goldstein wrote:And who created these angels?

God did
By Truth-a-naut
God did

What a horrible mistake for someone being omnipotent and all...
By Buck Williams
God gave them free will, just like he gave us. Satan just turned evil.

The October 7 attack may constitute an act of att[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]