Why there's no practical reason to be a Theist - Page 25 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
I thought not. No answer. I think we all know why he refuses to answer the question. If he does he proves himself wrong.

Trolls are like that.
Drlee wrote:I thought not. No answer. I think we all know why he refuses to answer the question. If he does he proves himself wrong.

Trolls are like that.

So you insult me, tell me I don't know what theism means then ask me to explain what it means.
Don't you see how really silly that is?
Just a troll POD. He refuses to form an argument. He is wrong and it would appear, as far as the ability to explain his trolling, in way over his head.

So we can conclude that:

He does not know what a theist is.

Therefor he does not know what an atheist is.

There is an outside chance that he has seen the error of his ways and can't find a way out of the trap he has sprung on himself.

He is an antitheist who refuses to own his beliefs.

I'm going with troll unless he can figure out how to justify his absurd position.
Drlee wrote:Just a troll POD. He refuses to form an argument. He is wrong and it would appear, as far as the ability to explain his trolling, in way over his head.

So we can conclude that:

He does not know what a theist is.

Therefor he does not know what an atheist is.

There is an outside chance that he has seen the error of his ways and can't find a way out of the trap he has sprung on himself.

He is an antitheist who refuses to own his beliefs.

I'm going with troll unless he can figure out how to justify his absurd position.

And you clearly don't understand what atheism is.
So that is yet another one-line trolling post.

It will be interesting to see if he ever decides to present an argument to support his position.
Besoeker wrote:This:
"Yes, the one where you claim that all atheists have only an absence of belief. That one."
I did not claim that.

It is your definition of atheism.

Yes, I know that I used the word atheists instead of atheism, but that is mere semantics. I am discussing the logic (or more specifically, the inconsistency between your defintion and the actual beliefs of atheists) of your definition.
Well, that was a stunning admission of the limited usefulness of your defintion.

I agree that it would be impossible to reconcile your defintion with the reality that many atheists have more than an absence of belief.

And now we see why your defintion is incorrect, and a generalisation.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Well, that was a stunning admission of the limited usefulness of your defintion.

I agree that it would be impossible to reconcile your defintion with the reality that many atheists have more than an absence of belief.

And now we see why your defintion is incorrect, and a generalisation.

I'll try this one more time. It is not a generalisation and it is not incorrect.
If you want to continue to unnecessarily complicate the issue, include me out.

You didn't watch the video I posted earlier which[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities […]

The GOP is pretty much the anti-democracy party a[…]

I just read a few satires by Juvenal, and I still[…]