The law of Self Confidence - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
septimine wrote:A person who spends 30,000 hours learning to play the piano is going to be much better than someone who spends 10,000 hours. And the person who spends 30,000 hours but doesn't work all that hard is going to do worse than the guy who works his arse off.

That is simply not true and I know this simply from observations in my own life, I used to play football when I was younger and there were some guys who just sucked at the sport no matter how much they practiced, this is because by nature they were not gifted with the kind of muscle structure you need to perform the kind of pin point leg movements that you need to be able to do to be a good footballer. Not everyone has the genes to become a pro-footballer, my personal estimate would be that it is maybe 5% of the population that has the athletic base necessary for competing in that kind of sport at the highest level, everyone else can practice as much as they want but they will never become an elite athlete.

The same principle holds true with learning the piano, some people are just born with fat fingers and as such will never be able to become a good pianist.
^There is also something about efficiency of practice time - the way you use your practice. In learning, psychologists believe that the brain experiences learning waves in which it needs to break learning into small (~45 minute) sessions and take breaks (15 mins). If you are banging away at something for hours on end, it is goin to be counter productive. However that is not to say you cannot practice something in multiple doses several times a day. Also, what you practice is essential. For example, I know that on piano it would be better to have a structured practice session dedicated to learning new pieces, scales and arpeggios for just half an hour a day than to practice the same thing over and over again for four hours. Instinctively, the brain would actually prefer to keep practicing the same thing over and over because it is more comfortable with something familiar and then you can fool yourself into believing that you are being productive.

In short, 'it ain't about working hard, it's about working smart' :D
Anyone who practices for 10,000 hours is going to master a skill.

There are some sports where you need certain genetic background but skill intense sports like Baseball,soccer or Cricket are practice based, Put 10,000 hours of practice in and you will get to professional level (10 years at 20 hours a week from age 8 to 10 will do it) American football necessitates you having a certain build to start off with. The ball skills can be learned by anyone.
houndred wrote:Anyone who practices for 10,000 hours is going to master a skill.

There are some sports where you need certain genetic background but skill intense sports like Baseball,soccer or Cricket are practice based, Put 10,000 hours of practice in and you will get to professional level (10 years at 20 hours a week from age 8 to 10 will do it) American football necessitates you having a certain build to start off with. The ball skills can be learned by anyone.

I doubt you even played any of these sports at a serious level since if you did you would have noticed that some people are just blessed with an incredible talent for it and others are not.

Yes most people can practice a ton and substantially improve their skill at something, the thing is though that everyone have a genetic skill ceiling where practice can no longer take you any further and genes is what sets this skill ceiling.
I doubt you even played any of these sports at a serious level since if you did you would have noticed that some people are just blessed with an incredible talent for it and others are not.

Not any of the highly skilled ones. I played American Football in Florida after having spent years playing Rugby. That's about size and speed. Could never have done baseball or soccer.

here practice can no longer take you any further and genes is what sets this skill ceiling.

There is some point where this may be right but in the games I referred to the practice will get you to professional level, just not to the top of that level.
When diversity is necessary for society, why isn't it for the individual as well? To survive a person needs many talents, not just one mastered. That would lead to characterization and limit each person to just one occupational career.

Oos, classifications of a two gendered species where character matters and genders are just bodies that vote as told to protect society's ruling elites in every social narrative of civilization and humanity's greater good intentions as defined by technological advances of everything always working the same way here.

T.E.A.M. Together everyone achieves more.

There is no I in team.

There is no I in we either. I was a sole conception of ancestry that passed through this moment as I am now. I am at the age my ancestry is dead but the ancestors they left behind have 9 sole replacements beyond their three children.

What separates ego, self confidence, and self assurace to only being one sole result of Eternity's details so far? Team up to deny real for reality's sake, again for another generation.
Fallen angels become humanity's artists in educating self deception to the next generation every generation. Which doctors, alchemists, and academia. Priests, politicians, and economists.

Know how you are played and why, even if in the lead role of your own educated reality of character matters most.
houndred wrote:There is no I in team.

there is a me though

There is a me in the human species of ancestral ancestry's ancestors also, but to sacrifice understanding sole to play a character role in someone else's idea about collective soul, it destroys more than it rescues trying to save reality.

I am not against co-operation in living civilly, it is the civic venracular tribalism used to motive everyone in fear of losing their symbolic value I am against. Know what is, where it comes from, when it arrived to becoming part of Eternity's results that only survives this moment of compounding details added in an adapt or become extinct moment equally applied exponentially from one lifetime through the entire food chain of plant and animals behaving instinctively as predatory or prey natures, spreading the span of being here in male and female means of reproducing the same results never being the same details twice.

So simple it must be denied to create organized chaos subliminally in theory and theology alike, but from opposite sides.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Which gives rise to an equally terrible far right[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]

Imagine how delighted you will be when the Circus[…]