What is "emotional intelligence?" - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
After I mentioned that I doubt the accuracy of IQ tests as a real measure of intelligence, Drlee wrote:I don't. The concept of IQ is old and tried. The data is compelling. No conspiracy here.

The classical IQ test measures only visual-spatial, verbal-linguistic, logical-mathematical. These are all financial hunting skills: the rich have evolved to value and possess these skills in many European nations, including France, which gave us the standard test as a way of screening people with learning difficulties (often, the poor) from public schools.

Gardnerlater added five more criteria (musical-rhythmic, bodily-kinesthetic, interpersonal, intrapersonal, and naturalistic) which, though also limited, at least recognized the fact that different cultures experience and use intelligence differently than banksters and war profiteers.

Emotional intelligence reduces "smartness" down to "the ability to manipulate other people" which is even more reductionist than the standard IQ test, when what we really need to understand is that intelligence is the most difficult thing for dumb people like us to measure.

How to cats measure each other's intelligence? Captured rat size?
Last edited by QatzelOk on 09 Feb 2017 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]