Islamophobia vs Criticizing Islam - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
Buzz62 wrote:$28.000 POD.
NOBODY gets $28,000 from welfare. But hey...seems you completely missed that part,

Actually, your article says that welfare payments are about the same as that.

But if you want to provide evidence that no one gets that much, go ahead.

which is really no surprise. :knife:
You wanna carry on like some limp noodle. Do it.
You wanna "debate" stuff? Then debate in good faith, instead of this childish display of faux-righteousness.
You have seen evidence for all sorts of things, and not just from me.
Yet anything contrary to your odd point of view, you ignore completely.
Man ya sound like my wife.

None of this is relevant.
"Families of refugees can receive a maximum of $25,000 CAD ($18,222 USD) per year, while single people will receive less than half that."

So it's $25,000...my bad.
Still, you conveniently ignore this.
Which is standard operating procedure for you.

Your childish, pedantic attitude has grown old.
Go bug someone else with your horseshit.
Buzz62 wrote:"Families of refugees can receive a maximum of $25,000 CAD ($18,222 USD) per year, while single people will receive less than half that."

So it's $25,000...my bad.
Still, you conveniently ignore this.

Actually, I read your article more carefully than you did. I mentioned this. You ignored it.

I quoted your article. It said that these payments are tied to welfare payments and are too low. You ignored that too.

I asked you for evidence that this amount is substantially higher than welfare. You ignored that as well.
Of course I ignored it.
Once the government gives them $25,000 the first year, even not including whatever provincial welfare they receive that year, they already get more that a Canadian welfare recipient. What part of that don't you get?
Buzz62 wrote:Of course I ignored it.
Once the government gives them $25,000 the first year, even not including whatever provincial welfare they receive that year, they already get more that a Canadian welfare recipient. What part of that don't you get?

You have no evidence that it is more than a welfare recipient.

You have no evidence that they get welfare as well as that amount.

The evidence we do have says that it is roughly the same as welfare.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You have no evidence that it is more than a welfare recipient.

You have no evidence that they get welfare as well as that amount.

I thought you said you'd read this?

The $25,000 maximum for each family includes a start-up amount received upon their arrival, used to help them get their initial bearings and set up a household, and subsequent monthly payments for shelter and other basic needs...
Those payments mean a family of four in Vancouver would receive, on average, just over $20,000 per year, while a single woman would get just $10,000. The numbers go up in Toronto, where the average is $22,000 for a family and $10,100 for individuals.

OK we see that in Toronto, that the maximum welfare per family is $1508/mo.
let's see...
1500 X 12 is 18,000
Oh my...that's less than 22,000.

It is.

January 2016:

Nancy Caron, federal immigration official wrote:[G]overnment-assisted refugees receive monthly income support which includes a monthly food and incidental allowance. For Vancouver, this amount for a single person is $235 per month. That's the same amount of money a welfare recipient living in B.C. would receive in support allowance, which includes money for food.

British Columbia Ministry of Social Development wrote:An adult on welfare would receive $610 per month in income assistance — $375 for shelter and $235 for a support allowance that includes food. Government-assisted refugees do not receive more monthly support than people on income assistance.

Federal Immigration Department wrote: Privately sponsored refugees don't receive financial assistance from the government, as they are supported by individual Canadians or groups who have agreed to care for them. Normally, a private sponsor supports a refugee for 12 months, starting from the refugee's arrival in Canada or until the refugee becomes self-sufficient, whichever comes first.

:)
Last edited by ingliz on 09 Aug 2017 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz62 wrote:And what? You just "choose" to ignore the initial hand-out they are given?
As if it doesn't exist at all?

Oh wait...look who I'm asking this of...

So, we now see that the monthly payments are not higher for refugees. The only difference is that refugees also get a lump sum when they arrive.

Is that a problem? Does this somehow show that Muslims are bad?
I didn't say they were bad. I said they get more than Canadian welfare recipients, and that its risky to be letting them in, in the first place.
Really man. What the hell is wrong with you?
Do you figure this is a good way to make arguments?
You think these Muslim refugees should be allowed into Canada.
You refute the notion that they pose any sort of threat to our Canadian society.
You also refute that the mass refugee arrivals in Europe do not pose any sort of problems, while Europe itself calls it a crisis on many levels.

Look I think I get why someone might wanna help Muslim refugees from the Middle East.
But to do so provides an elevated risk level to all of us.
I don't want the risk...you do.

Let's send "Pixey-Dust" a memo informing him of your community name in Edmonchuck, and instructing him of your desire to have a bunch of 'em settled there.
Buzz62 wrote:I didn't say they were bad. I said they get more than Canadian welfare recipients,

Yes, but not on a monthly basis.

and that its risky to be letting them in, in the first place.

Provide evidence for this claim.

I assume you are not going to argue that the initial lump sum payment that refugees get upon arrival is somehow indicative of a threat.

Really man. What the hell is wrong with you?
Do you figure this is a good way to make arguments?

You mean looking at evidence and examining arguments critically? Yes.

You think these Muslim refugees should be allowed into Canada.

I never said my opinion either way. The government obviously thinks they should.

You refute the notion that they pose any sort of threat to our Canadian society.

Yes, due to the lack of evidence for any claim that they are a threat. More Canadians die from Islamophobia than from Islamists.

You also refute that the mass refugee arrivals in Europe do not pose any sort of problems, while Europe itself calls it a crisis on many levels.

Actually, I pointed out that you have not presented evidence that the refugees are a problem. No doubt they do pose some, but not the textent that many fearmongers whine about.

Look I think I get why someone might wanna help Muslim refugees from the Middle East.
But to do so provides an elevated risk level to all of us.
I don't want the risk...you do.

No. It would be more correct to say that I am not worried about some imaginary "elevated risk".

Let's send "Pixey-Dust" a memo informing him of your community name in Edmonchuck, and instructing him of your desire to have a bunch of 'em settled there.

Sure, as I am not actually scared of women in headscarves.
OK so now that we've discovered that these refugees do get more money than a Canadian citizen would get on welfare, and that POD opposes the government on native affairs but is fine with it's decision to admit these refugees, let's write our note to Pixey-Dust.

Dear Prime Minister,
POD lives in Edmonton Alberta (he will forward you his address) and is very interested in hosting the Muslim refugees in his neighborhood.
May I suggest that, since Mr. POD is not concerned at all about the threat these people pose, that you send these malcontents to his neck of the woods.
POD is sure they won't pose any problems for himself, and is willing to make this determination for his family and his neighbors.
This will also relieve some of the tensions in Britain, as it's clear that they don't like it there, and would really love being hosted in Edmonton, as the people of Edmonton will be accepting and join right in with these type of demonstrations.

Thank you Sir,
Buzz62
Buzz62 wrote:OK so now that we've discovered that these refugees do get more money than a Canadian citizen would get on welfare,

...but not on a monthly basis.

and that POD opposes the government on native affairs but is fine with it's decision to admit these refugees, let's write our note to Pixey-Dust.

I never said that. It is no surprise to me that you are putting words in my mouth, though.

Dear Prime Minister,
POD lives in Edmonton Alberta (he will forward you his address) and is very interested in hosting the Muslim refugees in his neighborhood.
May I suggest that, since Mr. POD is not concerned at all about the threat these people pose, that you send these malcontents to his neck of the woods.
POD is sure they won't pose any problems for himself, and is willing to make this determination for his family and his neighbors.
This will also relieve some of the tensions in Britain, as it's clear that they don't like it there, and would really love being hosted in Edmonton, as the people of Edmonton will be accepting and join right in with these type of demonstrations.

Thank you Sir,
Buzz62

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious. You are trying to insult me by pointing out that I am not a coward and that I am not scared of Muslims.

The thing where you try and insult me is predictable, but the fact that you are trying to tease me for being brave and calm is lolicious.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Not sure I said ur a coward but...did point out that, it's a bit presumptuous to be advocating for the acceptance of refugees who demonstrate a "penchant" for having difficulties entering our society, and react...poorly, into our society.

You keep trying to tell me that:
- There is no refugee crisis in Europe. There is.
- That there is no need to worry or concern ourselves with any sort of Muslim integration issues, be they as a result of anger over our having just blown their homes to bits or as a result of basic cultural differences, because "most" of them are well adjusted lovely people who just wanna live in peace...with scarves on or in pools with young boys...
- And because, AS YET, no "refugee" has committed any terrorist act in Canuckland, that we know of. Although there have been crimes committed by radicalized Muslims within Canuckland in the recent past.

This sounds like Russian Roulette to me.
It also sounds immature and very naive.

We have enough crazy-assed bastards within our country.
We do not need to be paying more to come to our home.
t's a bit presumptuous...

Canada needs immigrants.

Immigration minister John McCallum wrote:I do believe it is true that more immigrants for Canada would be a good policy for demographic reasons.

Like many developed countries, Canada has an aging population, which poses a challenge for economic growth. An economic advisory council to finance minister Bill Morneau recently recommended that Canada increase its annual immigration target to 450,000 over the next five years.

terrorist acts

I know it's bad for the piddling few who have suffered but best think about the greater good and your pension, eh.

:)
Perhaps...but not by inviting people into Canada who have no skills.
That would be a short term drain on society, and presents a risk we cannot accept at this point in time.
Maybe later, after Allah is put in his place. But not today.
Buzz62 wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed it. Not sure I said ur a coward but...did point out that, it's a bit presumptuous to be advocating for the acceptance of refugees who demonstrate a "penchant" for having difficulties entering our society, and react...poorly, into our society.

No. You said I am not a coward.

In fact, you think I am wrong because I am not scared.

Because you think I should be.

You keep trying to tell me that:
- There is no refugee crisis in Europe. There is.

No, I never said that. I aksed what crisis there was. You replied (after being asked several times) that the refugee crisis was a crisis. I then pointed out that it was not ine at actually posed a threat to Europe or any European country.

- That there is no need to worry or concern ourselves with any sort of Muslim integration issues, be they as a result of anger over our having just blown their homes to bits or as a result of basic cultural differences, because "most" of them are well adjusted lovely people who just wanna live in peace...with scarves on or in pools with young boys...

Please quote where I said any of this.

- And because, AS YET, no "refugee" has committed any terrorist act in Canuckland, that we know of. Although there have been crimes committed by radicalized Muslims within Canuckland in the recent past.

There have been one or two attacks, all as a result of Harper's military ventures, which are now over.

This sounds like Russian Roulette to me.
It also sounds immature and very naive.

I am sure it does, but you seem to think it is cool and smart to cry and scare yourself about Muslims even though more people die from Islamophobia than from Islamists.

We have enough crazy-assed bastards within our country.

Yes, we do.

We do not need to be paying more to come to our home.

Good thing we are not. At most, we are paying a small amount to help refugees.

@late So then...do you agree that it's fully a m[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]