Islamophobia vs Criticizing Islam - Page 17 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
@noir

Wow apparently you have no idea what jihad is. There's two types of jihad, lesser jihad which is defensive war and greater jihad which is a war with yourself with the goal of changing yourself and becoming a better person.
@noir

Once again "Muslim colonists". I don't think you understand what imperialism is furthermore a culture can only spread it's culture if the conquering nation's culture is more developed than the conquered nation's culture. Unless you believe that Arab culture is more developed than Western culture, cultural imperialism is literally impossible.

Um, yes it will. If there are Muslim colonies in the West the concept of greater and lesser jihad would be very important and these Muslim societies will make that distinction. Furthermore how do you contain jihad? Why don't you try to remove jihad by not bombing other people's countries and try stabilizing them, That'll stop lesser jihad.
Last edited by Oxymandias on 08 Aug 2017 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
That'll stop greater jihad.

lesser jihad

The lesser jihad is material. The greater jihad is conducted on the spiritual front, for it is our struggle with our inner world and carnal soul.

:)
@ingliz

Oh yeah I fucked up :knife:

@noir

No I meant lesser jihad not greater jihad. Also nothing is bad about trying to make yourself a better person (greater jihad). Defensive jihad is only an action done by a Muslim furthermore all the things you listed isn't even apart of jihad and is against Islam. Also moral relativism being Islam is by far one of the most stupidest things in the world. In order to say that you need to not be just ignorant of Islam but ignorant of the basic concept of religion.
ingliz wrote:lesser jihad

The lesser jihad is material. The greater jihad is conducted on the spiritual front, for it is our struggle with our inner world and carnal soul.

OK question:
Aside from penis-envy, why would anyone have an issue with their "carnal soul"?
@noir

Ok you have no idea what you're fucking talking about and you didn't read what you are saying.

Greater jihad is spiritual. It's not something imposed by others you idiot. It's where you meditate, fast, reflect on yourself, spread love and kindness, and achieve enlightenment. Is that fascism? No it isn't and to think so demonstrates that you have a bag of rocks for a brain.

Lesser jihad is strictly defensive war. You only go on a lesser jihad if your community is attacked physically and you can only attack if you are being attacked. Once you aren't attacked any more you cannot go on another jihad.

What you see ISIS and other terrorists doing is not jihad, it's just terrorism.
@noir

No, they didn't. The West sponsored numerous militant groups and dethroned numerous secular groups who were in power. They even displaced the democratically-elected secular leader of Iran just because he wanted to nationalize oil. You can't be this stupid. Noir, you sound like a 12 year old trying to play politics with the grown ups when you're just an ignorant child who refuses to hear what the grown ups have to say.

Go play Call of Duty or something. Do something that you can comprehend. Something far away from reality. You're too immature and too in denial to listen to anything anyone has to say to you.
their "carnal soul"

A man's soul has three aspects; animal, human, and divine.

jihad: the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.

The animalistic layer is the carnal soul, the untamed soul, the soul that commands to the vices. The struggle is for the human (intellect) and the divine (faith) to control and harness it.

For

Quran 12:53 wrote:Most surely self is wont to command evil

Last edited by ingliz on 09 Aug 2017 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
noir wrote:Islam by definition is a threat

So no evidence. Got it.

noir wrote:Once the Muslims colonists are spreading in the west, the question of lesser or greater jihad is not relevant. All of them should be contained.

You are misusing the word "colonists" again.

------------

Buzz62 wrote:DOG...I mean POD.

You ignore anything that does not coincide with your narrow point of view,

Actually, I seem to have read your cited article more carefully than you.

and you are irrelevant.

Your insults are irrelevant and immature.
$28.000 POD.
NOBODY gets $28,000 from welfare. But hey...seems you completely missed that part, which is really no surprise. :knife:
You wanna carry on like some limp noodle. Do it.
You wanna "debate" stuff? Then debate in good faith, instead of this childish display of faux-righteousness.
You have seen evidence for all sorts of things, and not just from me.
Yet anything contrary to your odd point of view, you ignore completely.
Man ya sound like my wife.

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]