Islamophobia vs Criticizing Islam - Page 14 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
@Zionist Nationalist

"The middle eastern Arab Muslim cultures"

That gave me a stroke. No they are not the same, far from the same. Many so-called "Arab" countries aren't even genetically Arab. If you are so aware of their "basic culture" please tell me. There is a basic foundational share of cultural values but they certainly are very broad and contain many different interpretations.

If you could, you would ban gays and enforce sexist policies on women in Israel. You already have the "I-know-better-than-you" and imperialistic attitude, all you need is just political power, a council of like-minded people, and you would become radicalized.

Then that's very sexist of the Israeli/US military!
No women I have met would want a complete equality
They like the special treatment they get and 90% of them wouldn't want to do a physical mans job
I wouldn't ban gays I would just do like Russia does to ban their propaganda and stop telling children that such behavior is normal
Zionist Nationalist wrote:The middle eastern Arab Muslim cultures
they are all have the same basic

No offence, but since you have already made mustakes describing Muslim cultures, I am not going to assume that you are correct this time.

I may be a bit sexist but its not really comparable to the Muslims treatment of women

I serverd in the army with women they all got special treatment not only they do 2 years while men do 3 years they also never have to carry heavy stuff
not that I have a problem with that but it just proves my point

A lot of guys think their particular sexism is all right. Women tend to disagree.

Anyway, I am not interested in discussing the nuances of your belief that women are inferior. It suffices to point out your double standard.

Lol.
No offence, but since you have already made mustakes describing Muslim cultures, I am not going to assume that you are correct this time.

Arab culture have same basic same language with different dialect similar foods and traditions
if they wouldn't be so similar they wouldn't care about the Palestinian issue as they dont care about other conflicts in the world
their main argument is that Israel just stole Arab land and it shouldn't exist I hear this from Arabs all over the middle east whatever its Egypt,Algeria,Jordan,Libya and so on
Zionist Nationalist wrote:No women I have met would want a complete equality
They like the special treatment they get and 90% of them wouldn't want to do a physical mans job
I wouldn't ban gays I would just do like Russia does to ban their propaganda and stop telling children that such behavior is normal

Equality of the sexes.
Is this an oxymoron? Males and females are certainly not "equal".
They are different, and there are any number of reasons for that, not the least of which would be procreation. So do women really want 100% equality? Some think they do, and good on 'em I say. There's no reason a female can't serve as a military grunt, or be a trucker, or anything they may want to be, and are physically capable of. In the corporate world, women should most definitely get the same wage for the same position. Likewise, when a female senior manager makes untoward sexual advances on a male colleague, she should be terminated just like the manager who insists on calling his female secretary "Doll" or "Honey". But let's be clear here, males and females are not "equal". Nor are the supposed to be. I don't know about this 90% number, but I doubt very much that most women really would want complete equality. I happen to know that this notion seemed rather silly to most of the women I met while living in Europe. My wife included.
As for what Russia does...who cares...
Being Gay seems to be a genetic thing, and thus should be recognized for what it is. And like women, should a Gay person wish to be a grunt in the military, and can meet the minimal physical requirements..."hell grab a gun" I say.
This means I got no real issues with transgender people being in the military. I don't think "General Rock" should allow himself to be seen in a dress and stilettos...but other than that...I'm good.
A lot of guys think their particular sexism is all right. Women tend to disagree.

Anyway, I am not interested in discussing the nuances of your belief that women are inferior. It suffices to point out your double standard.

Lol.

Woman are different not inferior

the modern belief that man and women is are the same with just different bodies is just retarded
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Arab culture have same basic same language with different dialect similar foods and traditions

I have no idea why you think I will believe any of this from you.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:Woman are different not inferior

the modern belief that man and women is are the same with just different bodies is just retarded

I am not interested in discussing the nuances of your belief that women are inferior. It suffices to point out your double standard.
I have no idea why you think I will believe any of this from you.

ok so please enlighten me :roll:

do you even know what is pan Arabism?

I am not interested in discussing the nuances of your belief that women are inferior. It suffices to point out your double standard.

and Im not interested in accepting the liberal position that men and women are the same.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:ok so please enlighten me :roll:

do you even know what is pan Arabism?

Please note that I already pointed out that your opinion of Arabs is not relevant.

Why should I hate a Somali Muslim just because you have prejudices about Arabs?

and Im not interested in accepting the liberal position that men and women are the same.

Neither are conservative Muslims. You share that with them.

This is why I think it is stupid and hypocritical of you to bash Muslims for their supposed sexism.
Please note that I already pointed out that your opinion of Arabs is not relevant.

Why should I hate a Somali Muslim just because you have prejudices about Arabs?

I didnt said who you should hate or not

just said that all Arab cultures have common basics

if you think otherwise please "enlight" me

Neither are conservative Muslims. You share that with them.

This is why I think it is stupid and hypocritical of you to bash Muslims for their supposed sexism.

men and women are biologically different.

there is nothing wrong with sexism as long as its not being exaggerated
Muslims and other religions groups just take it too far
Zionist Nationalist wrote:I didnt said who you should hate or not

just said that all Arab cultures have common basics

if you think otherwise please "enlight" me

And I pointed out that your prejudices about Arabs are not relevant.

men and women are biologically different.

there is nothing wrong with sexism as long as its not being exaggerated
Muslims and other religions groups just take it too far

Again, I am simply laughing at your hypocrisy.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:so you think men and women are completely the same?

Your strawman is also not relevant.

The topic is Islamophobia. Your stupid idea (i.e. that feminists think women and men are completely the same) has nothing to do with the topic.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:I see that you avoiding giving an answer :lol:

And I see that you keep posting irrelevant stuff!

if men and women are not the same so whats wrong with sexism?

each gender have its role

men are also being discriminated in those days

Spoken like a true Muslim!
Pants-of-dog wrote:And I see that you keep posting irrelevant stuff!

Spoken like a true Muslim!

Interesting sentiment.

He has a good point. Men and women are not the same...hence not equal.
Physically and psychologically different. And tonight...I'm-a-gonna celebrate those differences. 8)
Zionist Nationalist wrote:

Arab culture have same basic same language with different dialect similar foods and traditions
if they wouldn't be so similar they wouldn't care about the Palestinian issue as they dont care about other conflicts in the world
their main argument is that Israel just stole Arab land and it shouldn't exist I hear this from Arabs all over the middle east whatever its Egypt,Algeria,Jordan,Libya and so on

No, they don't. Cultural values are very different among Arab countries. I want objective proof that all Arab countries have the same culture and there has to be a source.

Europe cared about Spain when it was conquered by the Abbasid Empire. Europe cared about Italy when it was conquered by the Abbasid Empire. Does this mean the entirety of Europe has the same culture?

The reason why the Middle East is against Israel is the same reason why Europe was against Islamic Spain and Islamic Italy. Because it was seen as an attack against the "Christian World" or "Christendom". Because European nations were afraid of being conquered by the Abbasids.
Oxymandias wrote:No, they don't. Cultural values are very different among Arab countries. I want objective proof that all Arab countries have the same culture and there has to be a source.

Europe cared about Spain when it was conquered by the Abbasid Empire. Europe cared about Italy when it was conquered by the Abbasid Empire. Does this mean the entirety of Europe has the same culture?

The reason why the Middle East is against Israel is the same reason why Europe was against Islamic Spain and Islamic Italy. Because it was seen as an attack against the "Christian World" or "Christendom". Because European nations were afraid of being conquered by the Abbasids.

They have the same values
if you think that they dont provide a proof because as far as I know they all have small diffrances but basically all are the same thats why pan arabism is still widely supported by many in the Arab world

Sure, the advocates of fascism (or wholism as I p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]