Responding to the Moral Argument for God - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
Before I was blocked on facebook, a religious group posted a video which argued that if God does not exist, then morals are merely socio-biological adaptations.

My response: I agree. Morals are just that. Socio-Biological adaptations and nothing more.

Then some dumbass Christian tried to use an emotional appeal against me, saying "Agent Steel must think that raping little girls is equally permissible as giving to the poor."

But I slammed him: "If God exists, then he is allowing rape to happen. So yes, it appears that rape is perfectly permissible under God's rule. Your worldview, not mine."

Why do Christians still use these ancient arguments from morality? That type of good vs. evil dichotomy is so primitive and simple minded. They have a lot of catching up to do.
Christian apologetics over the centuries has been quite sophisticated and some of the great minds like Saint Augustin have contributed. Often the philosophical arguments offered today by high profile skeptics have already been addressed centuries ago by Christian thinkers. Certainly the question "why does god allow bad things to happen in the world?" has been asked and answered many times over. Almost any christian scholar in the history of the church who was in any way concerned with apologetics will have written something on the question.
It is not a problem whether someone believes in God or not. A problem only arises, when people on either side, decide to pontificate on their superior view and demean those who do not accept their 'superiority '.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Deliberately ignoring evidence showing IDF air str[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]