Notes on Josef Pieper’s Leisure the Basis of Culture - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
https://www.stthomas.edu/media/catholic ... ngNote.pdf

I was looking for an online copy of the book after reading a review on it, but this was the best I could find.

Apparently, some people understand how leisure isn't just about having fun, but about bringing harmony to one's inner-personality through the cultivation and expression of imagination. Believing people live to work, in contrast, makes life drab, dull, and full of drudgery.
Everything we do is work. Whether you enjoy it or not is simply a choice you make. Yes, if you choose to see it as drudgery then it will be. However, there is nothing stopping you from simply choosing to enjoy it.
Dubayoo wrote: Believing people live to work, in contrast, makes life drab, dull, and full of drudgery.

One Degree wrote:Everything we do is work. Whether you enjoy it or not is simply a choice you make.

I'm reminded of G.B. Shaw's Man & Superman, especially the 3rd act (Don Juan in Hell).
I think I'll read that again.

Zam ;)

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspir[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]

I dont buy it, Why would anyone go for a vacation […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]